RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
daemon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Will oblivion run?

Just wondering if I can run oblivion on my system :

P4 3.2 ghz, 1 gig RAM, GeForce T5950 ultra
( little worried about the graphics card)

Thanks for the opinions
Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:20 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yes. Low to medium settings I imagine (you need to tweak som). Allthough not very fluently, oblivion does run on high-end 5th generation geforce cards and since you have the best one, I would not worry about it , especially when your cpu and RAM are quite adequate.
Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:29 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, it will run. I think Oblivion don't like 5th generation of NVidia's GPUs. That means the performance is really low.

So it will run but if you plan to upgrade anytime soon, I would sugest to wait till you upgrade and enjoy the full gaphical goodies. It also depends on if you really mind graphics or not. Based on that you have the very top (and very expensive) 5xxx GPU (in the time of its fame), you may like good graphics.
Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:08 am
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's not really a question about how pretty the graphics are going to be, but how slow will the game be. I played the game so far with a FX 5500 -- the rest of my system is similar to yours --, and I had to set it at the lowest settings (resolution and all); the game is very slow, especially in combat but also anytime there's a lot of action, a lot of NPCs around -- it even slows down when I ignite a torch in dungeons. So you see it adversely affect gameplay more than anything else. But I think your card is superior to mine so I suppose it won't be as bad.
(I don't want to rub it in but my new card arrive today, a 7800 GS.)
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:02 pm