View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit
Hay the minecrawler thing didn't worked. I mean during chapter 1. The guy was there, he talk to me about the armor and wolf. He even learn me how get the plates.

Maybe they don't want you to cheat, by going to the VoM in chapter 1.

quote:
Originally posted by Drax
ok cool, but shouldnt Lares help me out???

Did you ask him to take you to the mercenaries? In that case the other two options (Going to the Water Mages or the Shrine in the dark forest) are no longer available. It's a known issue with Lares.
But the shrine is not the same as the Circle of the Sun (the one that is full of Seekers).
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:48 am
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:
Originally posted by Gotit
Hay the minecrawler thing didn't worked. I mean during chapter 1. The guy was there, he talk to me about the armor and wolf. He even learn me how get the plates.

Maybe they don't want you to cheat, by going to the VoM in chapter 1.

I'd very much guess that to be the case. The main limiters in the Gothic series have always been training and equipment. If you have stronger armour than you should have you can kill monsters that you shouldn't be able to. Likewise, you can't find trainers who will take you up to maximum in the first chapter etc.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:19 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Lol, hey that no cheat, it's quite obvious that designers let a path open to the mines and don't trigger chapter 2 if you enter them, all of that on purpose. If there's a cheat it's to go get the armor before chapter 4.

I tried again by learning first the skill then collect the pieces and then going to see him then wolf it didn't work better.

Yes it's perhaps a protection, automatic or deliberate, but it's perhaps, for example because when I tried I wasn't in any guild or any other condition not filled. The point is that in bennet store you see the minecrawler belt only at chapter 2 if I remember well.

That said I don't feel it changes a lot of thing. Yes they use armor level to setup a difficulty level but in fact getting the minecrawler armor mostly means to be able to get through chapter 2!!

By vengence I'll start chapter 2 asap and rush get the armor damit!
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:23 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Holywhippet
I didn't know there was a way into the mines in chapter 1. Is it just some kind of jumping trick? As you say, the armour might not be possible to obtain in chapter 1. It's a bit too strong for that part of the game so it might not be scripted in at that point.

Enter into mines during chapter 1
: Go at the door to the mines. Look the hill/mountain above to the right. You clearly see a path bellow the top. If you follow the mountain to the right, you see this path go a long way and at a point, not far from the teleporter near to the tavern, it stops.

From that, search a little by sample jump to climb to this path, at an angle it can be done. Once on it, follow it up to be at the right to the door to the mines. There, there is a slope you can mostly walk on it but nope. You need backward a little and run and jump. You need find a stabilisation point and stop running when you succed the jump. Once you are stabilized don't walk but only do a series of jumps up to a point where you can walk again and after it's done, walk above the door to its left and there's a possibility to go down without damages.

Other funny pathes I found and again a bit hidden but clearly open:
- Go into the monastery during chapter 1 and without to be a novice. Very usefull to get the nice staff and few more scrolls but you can probably also pretend to be a novice and get the key. It's to the right, a sample jump but require to try and search this one isn't obvius at all but it's a sample jump.

Once you succeed this, it's easy you go on the roof and can jump down into the monastery.

Once in it, I let you search a little, you'll hardly not found the key to open the door and then in/out easilly. No need of pickpocket/sneak skill

- Sneak into the ship before any guild or as a mercenary. There a various pathes. The funniest and more easy is the rope at the back of the ship. You can jump on it and then walk/sneak on the rope to not fall.

Once you are on the ship, here begin the very funny thing, sneaking up to the the bottom of the ship and get all bounties. Dam cool and obviously designed. You need observation, patience and yes with sneak skill and by night.

I did 3 tries before succeed. If you are seen you could try hide anyway or in last chance jump into water and came back next night. No fee to pay to andre.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:49 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Much less interesting, you can sneak into pirate camp without to pay the fee. Well not that difficult to find and you get some damage but can sleep in camp to restore.

I haven't found how to sneak into bandits first camp or second camp, not sure there isn't a path.

Otherewise there are few climbing bounty but very few and I bet all are in walkthrough.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:06 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2