Bit Bitter
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Bit Bitter

I got banned from the Forums at DarkFall Online. I have been a member there since '02. But over the past couple of months the forums have not been anything but a hassle.

It is required that you submit any polls you want posted through their system to be posted. You can't just post polls yourself. Well I had submitted 3 polls over the past couple of weeks (they say it should only take a day or so for your poll to post) and none had been showing. So I went ahead and titled my thread as *POLL* and asked the question. Within 10 mins it was locked. I did it again and again it was locked. Then I posted a thread about that situation and what had been going on and got banned. It wasn't a flame post I didn't even use any swear words (well not a lot) or call anyone any names. (Not bad names at least)

I appreacate these forums because they at least give us the freedom to ask and post what we want.

What upset me the most was that my original post of *POLL* was this "Do you think DF will release within the next year?" And I was banned.

I'm mostly upset due to the lack of info provided by RW (RazorWax - the developer) about DF (Darkfall). They didn't go to E3, they have no press releases, they seldom do any Dev Chats and they haven't given the community anything to talk about. So if you go to those forum for the first time and read most of the threads and post it is mostly flaming of each other and "this has been said a million times already" or "thats stupid" or "fanboi you're a carebear"

This (DF) community is already hurting and isn't being tended to by the people that should be tending us. RW is reminding me of AE (Artifact Entertainment - ppl behind Horizons) and is starting off on a really bad customer support policy.

I really wanna see DF because it's a promising theory for a MMO, it's not an original theory, but DF looks as though it has a formula to make it correct, but if the CS (customer support) is as bad as it is with Horizons, then the game will suffer greatly.
Post Thu May 27, 2004 2:57 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You were banned over a poll? Harsh.
Post Thu May 27, 2004 3:20 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I'm reinstated now, but i'm still bitter. I'm an angry white guy now.
Post Thu May 27, 2004 8:56 pm