White Dragon hit points
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

White Dragon hit points

Does any one know how many HP the White Dragon in the snow globe has? I was able to take it out using The Red Tiger and my L15 Ranger, but we had to beat on it a really, really long time (and use 3 heal potions, and about 5 cure criticals).
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:44 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Winter Fang has 375 HP, an AC 37, Damage Reduction 15/+2 and Spell Resistance 24.

Can you guess why you had to beat on it for so long?
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:29 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I "cheated" to beat him, single handed, at about level 11. I got him stuck on his treasure chest and just kept shooting fire arrows at him. 300 arrows later, he was dead.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:53 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Winter Fang has 375 HP, an AC 37, Damage Reduction 15/+2 and Spell Resistance 24.

Can you guess why you had to beat on it for so long?

Wow. I can see why it took so long. What I don't understand is how I survived

Thanks for the info.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:07 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Hehe, imagine if he had damage imunnities, 66 in AC and over 400 in life. Then he uses hit slay gloves against your race. OUCH!
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:59 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I found having a belt that grants immunity to fear was a real help in that battle, along with a few empowered fireballs etc. Tiger helped too of course.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:25 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

My wizard just blew it up, of course. That's what wizards do.

"White Dragon? Er... one second..." (run outside)

Fireball, fireball, fireball, empowered fireball, emp fireball, maximized, maximized, maximized, delayed blast, delayed blast, incendiary cloud... ready staff of power fireball function.

"Now then... um.... DIE! DIE! DIEEEEEEEEeeeEEEEE!!!!"

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:03 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

What Xen said, hit him with all fire spells. I also had my stoneskinned familiar, Red Tiger, and summoned Skeleton all with Resist Elements pounding on him at the same time. Throw a Greater Spell Breach at him halfway thru the fight as well
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:14 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

I found this dragon the easiet to kill once I had the Fixed and Empowered Amulet of Ages (or whatever the item is called). (It also helps to have +3 weapons as this overcomes his damage immunity)
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:21 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Kendrik, how does one get the amulet fixed? By that point in the game I was rushing to get it done, and didn't feel like figuring it out.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:18 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I must confess that I didn't fix the amulet either... bad Xen, bad!

At that point *I* was rushing so I could get the review done... so I just said "Dragon? Hm... this amulet might help me out... ah, screw it. I'm a Wizard... the most powerful class in the D&D game!"

*repeated kabooms*

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:42 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
Kendrik, how does one get the amulet fixed? By that point in the game I was rushing to get it done, and didn't feel like figuring it out.

Sorry I was away this weekend and I just checked the boards

Ok to fix the amulet you need to enter the snow globe when you can see nymphs attacking dwarves (basically you trun the glode in the outside world until it describes nymphs attacking dwarves). When you enter the realm the dwarves should be friendly and the nymphs hostile. Go to the dragon cave and get the amulet out of the chest next tot he entrance (inside the cave)(becareful it's trapped) then go talk to the dwarf leader. You can ask him to fix the break in the amulet but then he states that all the magic has gone and that only the nymphs can re-enchant it - however they are hostile. So you exit the snow globe and then turn the globe in the "real" world until you see Dwarfs attacking nymphs then re-emter the globe. This makes nymphs friendly and Dwarfs aggressive. So simply talk to the nymph leader and she will enchant the amulet for you and hey presto - the complete amulet of ages. Gives you rediculous bonuses and damage reduction v's cold based attacks. As soon as you enter the dragon cave it screams something about the amulet and attacks you.

Hope this helps but to be honest you don't really need to do it unless, like me, you are obscessed with finishing evey little subquest you come across
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:19 pm
angie
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

help i did a boo boo

i attacked the dragon first and then found out about getting the amulat fixed. I rushed to the door to get out but the dragon followed me. I fixed the amulate and went back to fight the dragon but he is right at the door so as soon as i go in i get killed. Any ideas on what to do next im only on level 11. should i start again or can i kill her at this level???

thanks for all the help

angie
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:20 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

Re: help i did a boo boo

quote:
Originally posted by angie
i attacked the dragon first and then found out about getting the amulat fixed. I rushed to the door to get out but the dragon followed me. I fixed the amulate and went back to fight the dragon but he is right at the door so as soon as i go in i get killed. Any ideas on what to do next im only on level 11. should i start again or can i kill her at this level???

thanks for all the help

angie

Hmm not sure - I suspect this depends on what class you are. I no mage expert but I would have though this would be tougher for a mage to pull off as you are in melee straingt away. Firstly I assume you are wearing the amulet and I would make sure that you are fully healed before you try to re-enter - and make sure you are as buffed as you can be (protection spells, potions etc) and work out your plan. Another trick is to stand next to the entrance and pause the game then click to enter - you will appear inside but the game will still be paused - that might give you a little bit of thinking time. If you still can't kill it - leave this part and come back later when you are a bit more powerful. You could also try running past and draw it back into the cave then use the stone of recall ( this may draw attacks of opportunity however.

Godd luck
Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:55 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Level 11? I think my wizard was level 15...

You might want to go run around and see if there are some other quests you can complete first.

It really does depend on your class. A wizard could probably do it if he/she had stoneskin cast on themselves and the henchman, protection from elements cast, as well as all the other goodies (especially spells that help saving throws... which are a clerics speciality).

At the very least you might be able to survive long enough doing it this way to pull it away from the door.

If you're not a wizard... you'll probably have to come back in a bit. I think the hostile dryads and hostile dwarves get reset every time you leave the globe... so running in and out of the globe could get you some extra experience if you've already done everything everywhere.

Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:14 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next