Usergroups
Gorasul demo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Stefan :He,he actual I found the potion of invisible (needed to be identified first), but I didn't find any special opportunity to use it in the demo, I faced my enemies with no fear in my characters eyes.
I guess that I'm one of the more thorough players, who wan't to discover everything, and after have played the demo thoroughly, I was only sitting with one mystery left. The locked drawers on top tower floor. I managed to open one with a key. And I will try the others now with a little help from my magic capabilities!
Usually I have no problem, to come back to unsolved mystries later, but I finished the demo, and searched everywhere to find additional keys for the drawer without luck.
I b.t.w. like games with many ,let's say unnecessary secrets, where you may be in for a pleasant surprise if you solve them.
So thanx Stefan for the hint, I can now rest my character, and wait for the full game to be released.

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-07-19 01:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-07-19 01:40 ]
Post Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:37 am
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Well, Michael, the potion isn't actually needed in the demo. It can be quiet useful in some places later in the game, he he.

Ok, rest your little Roszondas then until final english version. Though I think there's a little trick to switch between the 3 game modes "quest", "middle" and "fight". There are quiet a few differences, but there were not fully implemented in the demo...

Post Thu Jul 19, 2001 7:54 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Stefan: Oh yes, I forgot all about this "quest, middle, fight" feature, but I guess it's only deciding how tough and/or how many enemies there will be? Or do it also affect the complexity of some puzzles?
Has it any effect of how many experience points you get from fighting?

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2001-07-20 02:04 ]
Post Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:03 am
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I can't see how they could make the puzzles different for the three modes, that seems like it would be quite difficult of an accomplishment. It would seem like just a number of monsters toggle.

Post Fri Jul 20, 2001 3:18 pm
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

@Stiletto and Michael:
Of course the number of monsters differs between these modes.
Also, you get some extra quests in Quest Mode.
And last but not least there are several key scenes in the game where you have to solve a riddle by entering text - but only in "Quest" mode. "Quest/Fight" asks you this riddle by multiple choice, "Fight" let you face a fight to a special enemy in most cases.
So there are some more differences than you thought. But it's not like "3 games in one".

Post Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:05 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Stefan: The only problem I would think would be you are always feeling like you are missing out on at least 1 aspect no matter what you choose. Why not have a Quest/Fight mode where you get all the hardest riddles and quests, as well as fight all the toughest and the special monsters?

Post Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:29 pm
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Stiletto: Well, choosing a game mode (we call it "emphasis", and that's much closer to that what it is, I guess) still is only one of several decisions you make in Gorasul (class, weapon type, several story decisions, etc. ). Finally, you should feel encouraged to play the game again after you completed it.
(That you might not saw the whole game when you complete it, is a rather common aspect of RPGs, I think.)

Post Fri Jul 20, 2001 6:22 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I haven't been much of a one to replay games. Even games I really like I don't tend to replay because I try and do a thorough job the first time through. There are several people here who I am sure replay, but I am not him! <:

Post Sun Jul 22, 2001 12:26 pm
Neolite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi new guy here

Anyway I want to download the Gorasul demo, but I can't figure out what to write when it asks for username, password and domain.
Post Sat Jul 28, 2001 7:39 am
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Hello!

Neolite, this request for username and password is a problem of our provider. Sorry for this, but actually we just can recommend to download the demo from an alternative site until we'll solve this. You'll find the same demo at http://www.jowood.de or a bigger version at http://www.pcgames.de.

[ This Message was edited by: Stefan Hoffmann on 2001-07-28 03:56 ]
Post Sat Jul 28, 2001 8:55 am
Neolite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the quick reply Stefan, but neither of the sites seems to actually have the demo. The only thing JoWooD have is a 8 MB movie from it and the other site is 'Under Construction'. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait, the game looks good though
Post Sat Jul 28, 2001 9:50 am
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Hello again!

@Neolite: Okay, now I understand. You're looking for an english demo. You're right, there is the demo link missing on the english JoWooD site. The reason is quiet simple: The english demo isn't complete yet.

You'll find a german demo if you choose the german JoWooD site. Otherwise you just have to wait for a couple of days. I hope we can offer this english Gorasul demo within the next week, though I cannot promise that now.

Post Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:58 pm
Neolite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I was actually looking for the german demo on the english site, silly me But if the english demo is coming out soon, then I think I'll wait for that.

I have a question about the game, that you might be able to answer for me. When the game is released, will Silverstyle offer any kind of free downloadable bonus packs for the game. Like extra quests, new weapons, npc and/or other stuff?
Post Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:12 pm
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

quote:

When the game is released, will Silverstyle offer any kind of free downloadable bonus packs for the game. Like extra quests, new weapons, npc and/or other stuff?

Well, the answer is quiet simple: When the game is successful enough then this is exactly what we will do. We have several ideas about this in mind but actually it's too early to be more concrete.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2001 7:06 am

Our friend's problem is much simpler than that.
The URL given for PC Games is wrong. There is a period at the end of the URL which takes you to a weird, under construction site.
JUST REMOVE THAT PERIOD IN YOUR ADDRESS WINDOW!
I encountered the same problem, but am very used to forums. Things like this happen alla time on them.
I am downloading it from pcgames as I write this.
or just try going directly from here

*smiles* At least I hope that translates the way I want it to. I am not sure if I can edit, not being a member and all. *gets out her pen to start filling out her forum registration* After all, I hope to be playing the english version soon enough!

V***V
Post Thu Aug 02, 2001 9:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next