Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Overall question about Gothic I need to know..Read.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
theskank
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I have been doing pretty much what I feel it right playing Gothic. I just wanted to know if it is one of those games that if I do something "WRONG" according to the game". Get screwed later for what I did, and have to start all over. What I am talking about is that guys in the rice fields who trys to make you hand out water. Later, he gets mad at you and come after you. So I killed him dead. And then that Rice master started coming at me. So I killed him dead too. I just wanted to know if these kinds of thing will stop me from finishing the game. Or can I play however I feel is right and the game will go on. And that annoying guy who fallows you around the old town. Can I kick his ass if I want. I just don't want to invest 30 hours and then find out I have to start over. I hope you understand what I am asking.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 9:43 am

good question i wouldent mind knowing that aswell
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 10:24 am

you can kill those guys and still finish the game.
The worst thing to happen if you kill a lot of people in GOTHIC, is to miss some ambient missions.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 10:42 am

It seems that in Demo you cannot kill an important NPC (the victim will fall inconceus and you will not be able to make the death strike) unless his/her role is accomplished. This happens at least with non-range weapons.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:18 am

Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

Early in the game, you can't kill people who are important for the storyline. Later on it's possible to kill them, as you don't need them anymore. So theskank, those people you've killed in the ricefields don't sabotage your progress!

Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 3:56 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Why kill people? I haven't found anyone I had to kill yet. Not much challenge if you eliminate all the people you meet. I didn’t have to kill the guy in the NC to evict him from my hut or Mordrag to fall in favor with Thorus. I been running around the Rouge that works for the Rice Lord but sooner or later I’m going to get tired of his crap and I will have to deal with him. It would be nice if I didn’t have to kill him.

Sylvio
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 4:46 pm
Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:

On 2001-11-26 10:46, Ragnar wrote:
Why kill people? I haven't found anyone I had to kill yet. Not much challenge if you eliminate all the people you meet. I didn’t have to kill the guy in the NC to evict him from my hut or Mordrag to fall in favor with Thorus. I been running around the Rouge that works for the Rice Lord but sooner or later I’m going to get tired of his crap and I will have to deal with him. It would be nice if I didn’t have to kill him.

Indeed, that's part of the fun in this game; the're so many approaches in this game!

Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 8:19 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Some dialogs are critical. It happens from time to time that an important quest is offered to you exactly once. Decline the offer and you are out.
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 8:27 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Well, If you kill too many people, word will spread around. If you have a desire to kill them, do it without witnesses.

Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 8:32 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I take that back…I do have someone on my list. The Merc at the top of the NC mine. That bastard ripped me off and then to make it worse he laughed in my face. His days are numbered…

Sylvio
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 10:06 pm

lemme guess, you fell for his "best weapon" scheme.. i told him where to stick it.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:58 pm

Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yea...I like to play everything out. But that’s ok; I entered into the old mine last night and went into the tunnels at the bottom. Well, the minecrawlers spotted me and started to have me for lunch so I ran to the other side of the pit. After all was done, one Templar & one Guard were dead along with the crawlers and I had two shiny new swords of good strength. The Templars sure have good stuff and their great fighters to boot. Time to plot my revenge...

Sylvio
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:23 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:

On 2001-11-26 16:06, Ragnar wrote:
I take that back…I do have someone on my list. The Merc at the top of the NC mine. That bastard ripped me off and then to make it worse he laughed in my face. His days are numbered…

Haha, ya the basterd did it to me to. I actually went out in the field to gain more experience. When I got strong enough I returned and kicked his ass and got my stuff back.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:29 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

That will be me tonight...Did the other Guards attack you?

Sylvio
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:56 pm