Usergroups
Marten
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

This game frustrates me because when I'm trying to explore and find things I keep getting attacked by enemies. I'm in the sea caves, sneaking about and barely avoiding a lot of em but they seem to "know" where I am. Is marten even in the damn sea caves? I killed nessie and entered that area and explored it thoroughly..only exit is to upper mt. gigas in a sealed room.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:04 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I was looking over an old thread of danicek's and i see he had two but didn't find one at ratt's..well..
1. Mook's
2. Rattkin
3. Got the helm of serenity but wtf is marten and destinae dominus? I'm in the sea caves wandering..
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:10 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*Big spoiler walkthrough*

Here ya go...

There is another exit in the cave with Nessie, take that one.
Enter the Sea Caves Area.
On the beach turn first turn right (south) and enter the cave mouth. Search and find a Hook & Line. Exit this cave and go left (north) and curve around the point. Grab the sledgehammer and continue west. Ignore any cave mouths for now and continue southwest to the wrecked boat - get the plank. Just to the northeast is an cave entrance (it's a narrow, sandy path leading upwards) and take it up.

Break the brick wall with the sledgehammer but don't worry about the locked door for now. Instead head east and at the T go southeast. The smooth rock will slide you into a hole and drop you down a level. Rest and fully recover then continue. Examine the ceiling in the large open area, toss up the Hook & Line, and climb up into the Central Room. Fight a good fight and then explore the east exit. Click on the skeletons to fight ghosts and get items. Ensure that you obtain the Tomb Key and the Spike Boots (put the boots on one character). Return to the Central Room then head west.

Carefully walk down the rocky surface (the spike boots help) and as you near the crevasse ready the plank and click on the edge of the chasm. The plank is laid in place and you can cross. At the top of the small corridor is the door to Marten's Tomb. Use the Tomb Key to open it. Now ensure that a character with one open slot in his personal inventory is wearing the Helm of Serenity.

Marten's Spirit will greet you and provide the Destinae Dominus. Choose the "Helm character" when taking the Dominus. You party may all go insane but the Serenity Helm will quickly fix that (through resting). Marten will leave after giving you the Sea Caves Gate Key. Head back to the Central Room and then north, open the Sea Caves Gate, and exit the Sea Caves via the underwater route to the Bayjin Shallows. Head north to the open water and take the western air vent up. You can follow this tunnel to Bayjin.

Have fun!

[ This Message was edited by: Val on 2002-03-08 20:25 ]
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:23 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Thanks Val -

I'm not going to read the whole post cause i was actually coming back on here to delete this, as i am just a moron and completely missed the area i was supposed to go to:P however, if i get stuck and impatient again, glad to know this is here.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:37 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You're welcome

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:56 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

This game frustrates me because when I'm trying to explore and find things I keep getting attacked by enemies. I'm in the sea caves, sneaking about and barely avoiding a lot of em but they seem to "know" where I am.

See caves are one of few areas where you can hardly avoid battles - too narrow coridors and caves.
Yes I was also little bit frustrated with fights here.
quote:

Is marten even in the damn sea caves? I killed nessie and entered that area and explored it thoroughly..only exit is to upper mt. gigas in a sealed room.

I think you got good enough answer from Val.
This words are copied from one walktrought on web, isnt it Val?

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-03-09 02:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-03-09 02:27 ]
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:23 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yup, Ironworks has a nice walkthrough and I didn't want to type the whole answer out.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:11 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, I have links on two walktroughts that together covers all (main) things in Wizardy 8.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:27 pm