85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
Twangy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do you play online? Über or Legit?

I play as a Über character. Ex-newb killer. All around not-so-nice person to meet while online. It's so easy to make your own character and become Über, so I do.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:20 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It's all "private server" stuff for me, so I stick with legit characters for the most part. I've occasionally acquired an item that would be booted on an item-level-restrictions server, but overall my group and I stick to the spirit of the game.

--I never considered the sounds of LoveSpiralsDownward to be twangy...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:13 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I'll play a mod by myself with an Uber character, to test it out, but if I'm playing with friends, or a group, then it is only fair to them to use a character of the same level and ability as theirs. Anything else would be selfish and soon, they would no longer enjoy playing with me.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:09 am
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

i always play as a legit character.....but i will load up a new character in a game that i have in order to level him up a little trouble fighting the enemies on a server......
Lestat
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:21 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

legit is so much more fun to play. if there is no chance of dying or anything happening to your character what is the point of playing? the possibility of failure opens up the game. however, this doesn't mean that i don't use decent weapons and items. i try to think about how the SP campaign played. if as a level 6 character i found a certain item then i figure that it is fair to use that item--because it fits the character level. the same principle goes for level 17 character. ofcourse they are going to have better items, so they really aren't uber they are "fit" the character level.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:53 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by txiabxyooj
legit is so much more fun to play. if there is no chance of dying or anything happening to your character what is the point of playing? the possibility of failure opens up the game. however, this doesn't mean that i don't use decent weapons and items. i try to think about how the SP campaign played. if as a level 6 character i found a certain item then i figure that it is fair to use that item--because it fits the character level. the same principle goes for level 17 character. ofcourse they are going to have better items, so they really aren't uber they are "fit" the character level.
I couldn't agree more on this.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:24 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Depends. Normal session, legit. If I'm hosting and not playing as DM, then I try to have items in bags that can pull the group through in a sticky situation, like rods of resurrection, lots of potions, etc. Or items that have immunities to fear and such if we come across a dragon. I'll also bring more gold so I can purchase equipment for players who might be bringing a new character and didn't have time to outfit them. This makes up for no DM and if we don't have a cleric in the party, etc.

If it's just pure hack and slash for fun, I'll drop item and character restrictions and invite people to bring what they want (within reason). Then we'll all go and get medieval on the bad guys.
Maybe after this mod we'll do some more of that. This mod we're playing now has been low on combat. Some hack and slash will be fun.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:58 pm
roorooroo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Legit.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:32 pm