Where can I buy lockpicks?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
sumo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Where can I buy lockpicks?

The one merchant that had them I bought but can't find anyone else who sells them. Do items at the merchants replenish or are they gone for good after you bought them?
Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:08 am
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well some might well see it as cheating but you can save the game before trying to pick a chest, note down the correct combination and then reload using the correct combination to save lockpicks (as the combinations stay the same as default)

but to answer your question... i'm not totally sure (well to be honest i plain can't remember) about the normal merchants but you can buy lockpicks off the carpenter and kardif down at the harbour tavern once you've joined the thieves guild. many of the normal merchants also have a few for sale and you tend to find quite a few in chest that you've just picked
Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:12 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Join the thieves guild and do the constantinos ring quest, after doing this you will get they'r secret nod, showing this to some people will make them sell you lockpicks. you can also find these in chests and dead bodies.
also, the higher you dex rate is, the lesser lockpicks you will need. when on 100dex you will only need one
Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:12 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thorben the craftsman can sell you lockpicks when you have learned the skill. When you have joined the thiefguild the barman in the harbor district can sell you lockpicks to.
Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:03 pm
Ale
Village Leader
Village Leader

There is no need to reload your game to cheat the lockpick breaking. I finished the game breaking around 50 lockpicks and I still had over 120 lockpicks in my inventory at the end.

There is no shortage of lockpicks.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:15 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I think you can go to the file where you can edit several things in the game, like autosave and other stuff (don't remember it's name)
Look downover and at somepoint you can edit how many click you will need to open a chest...haven't tryed this so don't know if it's right what I'm saying.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:29 pm