Usergroups
The Never-Ending List of Things that Must Go
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

All of that junk that is written on the walls in public restrooms. My momma taught me not to write on walls, how about you?
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:48 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Writing on walls? No. Drawing on walls? Yes.

@Krzychu: No worries, that's what this thread is for.

And another one for the list: People who use the word "gay" for describing anything lame, stupid or inferior. I really hate that.
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:26 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
Originally posted by Val
And another one for the list: People who use the word "gay" for describing anything lame, stupid or inferior. I really hate that.

This reminds me of a newspost on www.pvponline.com
"Quick newspost about the word gay
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004
Okay, let me clear something up for all of you ultra-sensitive types.
Using the word "Gay" as a negative adjective...not a good idea. There's no need to replace the word "sucks" in your vocabulary with "gay." Lot's of people do it, but that doesn't make it right. It's hurtful and there's no reason for it.
Using the word "Gay" as a way of describing something gay...perfectly okay. If something is gay, it's gay. Gay men call themselves gay. Gay women call themselves gay. There are Gay parades, there is gay pride, and there is even gay parts of town. Will is Gay. Grace is not.
So...to recap...If I were to post on my site:
"George Lucas changing the Star Wars films is gay." I'm being a jerk. Using the word gay as a negative descriptor is bad.
However...If I were to post on my site:
"George Lucas wearing fishnet stockings is gay." Then I'm being accurate, and you should not email me. A man wearing fishnet stockings ...that's pretty gay.
Guess what...capes are kinda gay. That doesn't make them bad, it just makes them gay. On superheroes, in comic books, it works. But if I were to show up to the movies, wearing a cape, I might get hit on.
I hope that clears things up for our more sensitive readers (who seemed to be okay with the boob squeeze and the dog humping strips).
Thank you
-The Management"

Heh. Is that really so common? I think I've never met anyone using the word "gay" as a negative adjective.
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:59 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

For the most part, I agree with the above. And yes, it's common enough to make me want to smack people over the head with an English dictionary fairly often.
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:35 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by Val

Same for the use of the word "Rape" by people playing computer games (particually online games). As in "I raped him" - People it is too strong a word to be associated with a "win" in a computer game no matter how "good" that win is.
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:30 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Waitress giving me half-frozen butter for my pancakes. Over and over again, different waitresses in different places keep giving me half-frozen buttter that is impossible to spread. Even throwing it between 2 of them doesnt do any real good, I hate it!

This morning I finally revolted and told the waitress to go microwave the little cup of butter she gave me, and she comes back with the butter all totally liquified. I guess it was better that way, but I still felt like some character in the Wizard of Id comic looking at the viewer with incredulity in the final frame.

Whats so hard about soft butter?
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:32 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Restaurants/Take-aways that have chilli sauce which isn't at all hot! The prupose of chilli sauce is to make food that isn't usually spicy, SPICY! Whats the point if the chilli is just ketchup with a small sprinkle of chilli powder which you can't even taste???
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:10 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
Whats the point if the chilli is just ketchup with a small sprinkle of chilli powder which you can't even taste???

So you can eat something with the chilli sauce even if you don't like spicy food and then you can say "Look at me! I eat everything with chilli, I'm so tough!" But seriously, I agree, that's stupid.

Also: People who think they're cool and "mastahs" because they call names and insult anyone who isn't as "cool" as them. Damn show-offs. What's your problem, you're looking for enemies or what?! Few real life examples: "You're a Jew! You're gay! You (Ah... whatever insult you can imagine)" Not only this is just rude, but also I'm sick of hearing this everyday! (And it's not that I'm being insulted) Shut up already!!! You impress nobody - *looks around* - eh, I guess I'm wrong. *sigh*
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:48 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"; this song needs to go away for a few years. It's getting annoying.
Post Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:56 am
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

Working on Christmas Eve until 22:00 hours should be banned (yes I am bitter)
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:31 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

@ Krzychu: you are wright. just had the same thing a few days ago. i was walking with 2 girlfriends, one is a skater other one is a gothic, and I am a skater myself and I was wearing oke a riddiculous hat(no hat but something you put on your head to keep warm, liek you see that they wear in a lot of r&b clips) and we walkeb by a group and one or 2 started calling: slut and fool.
Damn I am not an agressive person but they were so lucky that i remembered kinda late that I was wearing my spikes and my rings. if you know what I mean
Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:56 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Since this is a game forum i told what i dont like that has anything to do with gaming.

-People that like to say 'pwned' or 'noob', newbie is ok but noob crosses the line. Insults. Grr!
-Cd-roms that wont work. scratches. Grrrrr!
-Computers that wont work. Hitting powerbutton, nothing, hitting again, nothing. HD crash. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
-Internet that wont work. Cable is plugged yet is says 'no input is detected'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
-Trying to get a computer functional so you can finnaly get gaming, then your brother arrives and says he wants to play because you've been using the computer for hours now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Five reasons to eat your keyboard. Oh no!!!! Another one, having to use an azerty keyboard while all aplications use qwerty so each time when you try to hit a you get q, for w you get z ,and for m you get ,

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:45 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
Originally posted by Bytespawn
then your brother arrives and says he wants to play because you've been using the computer for hours now.

Heh, right!
And could you tell me what's this "pwned" means? Is that some variation of "owned"? I'm not l337 enough to know that.

Also: I was in a club where they play heavy metal a few days ago. Everybody (except two people) is dressed in black and suddenly this girl (dressed casually) calls my friend a poser(spelling?). What? Okay, let's ignore that. Some time later the same girl tries to hit me in the face with her fist. What the hell?! Uh, riiiiiight... I gave her a puzzled look and walked a few steps away. Next, my other friend gets kicked in the face while walking up the stairs by - yes, you guessed it - the same girl. Oh, I get it! Sure, you can act like that when your boyfriend is a 2-meter-tall block of muscles. I mean, what were we supposed to do, hit her back? Surely, she deserved it, but we didn't want no trouble. This must go. All the way to Hell!
I guess somebody didn't feel the Christmas spirit. Too bad.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:03 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Krzychu

And could you tell me what's this "pwned" means? Is that some variation of "owned"? I'm not l337 enough to know that.

pwned

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

OR

"That team totally pwned us."

His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:29 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Why thank you, DzD.
So it is as I suspected, though I didn't know it was in Warcraft first.
Where did you get that definition anyway?
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:44 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next