Need Betrayal at Krondor ISO
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Navaros
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Need Betrayal at Krondor ISO

I am a die-hard Betrayal at Krondor fan. it's the best RPG ever made.

i have the 3.5 floppy disk version but I desperately need an ISO version of the Retail CDROM

I want an EXACT Retail Copy of the CDROM version since it has more content and much better music than the 3.5 version I already have.

can any of you help me? If none of you know where to download the ISO, but have a Retail CDROM copy then I would be even be willing to pay for postage and a disc for you to copy it onto.

To the Mods: Please for the Love of God don't say I'm asking for Warez because I certainly am not seeing as BaK is abandonware that will never ever be on the market again. If it was, I'd buy 10 copies immediately.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 4:42 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

BaK isn't abandonware, it's freeware. Sierra released it to the community a long time ago.

There are several auctions at eBay selling the PC-CDROM version of BaK.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 5:15 pm
Navaros
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Sierra only made the 3.5 version available for download, which i already have

i don't trust auction sites, you never know if the seller is a scammer or not or if he's selling scratched-up copies etc. i'd prefer to get a copy from a source for which there is a reasonable assumption can be trusted
Post Mon May 12, 2003 5:26 pm
NeverDark
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Navaros

i don't trust auction sites, you never know if the seller is a scammer or not or if he's selling scratched-up copies etc. i'd prefer to get a copy from a source for which there is a reasonable assumption can be trusted

Nonsense! If you don't use eBay because you think it's unreliable you're so behind the progress it's scary! I think that a seller's rank shows you pretty much everything you want to know about him/her when it comes to trust.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:20 am
Velox
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Try here : http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=116
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:33 am
Navaros
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

NeverDark: eBay's "Seller Rank" doesn't mean jack all. those comments could be fabricated by anyone, including the Seller himself, employees of the Seller, relatives of the Seller. there is no way to prove that the "Seller Rank" is legitimate, and in many cases it is *not*.

velox: i've seen that site before and it's not what i'm looking for. i want an exact copy of the Retail CDROM version, not a RIPPED version with missing content
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:20 am
NeverDark
Village Leader
Village Leader

I donno, it's kind of hard to fabricate thousands or even hundreds of positive feedbacks. I think you're overexaggerating the whole online auctions situation. I suggest you to step over your prejudice and try to buy something cheap from eBay and see whether you'll be satisfied with the purchase. Anyway, amazon.com has the retail copy of BaK for sale for $14.99
Post Tue May 13, 2003 4:44 am
Redstone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
NeverDark: eBay's "Seller Rank" doesn't mean jack all. those comments could be fabricated by anyone, including the Seller himself, employees of the Seller, relatives of the Seller. there is no way to prove that the "Seller Rank" is legitimate, and in many cases it is *not*.

Come on... think about it, Don't you think that if a seller with a lot of positive reviews was actually ripping people off he would have negitive reviews too? They sure as hell don't fabricate negitive feed back. Besides Ebay has gaurds in place to protect the buyer and seller. Three legitimate deadbeat buyer/seller negitive feedbacks and your suspended from Ebay. The few times I have not gotten what I thought I'd purchased, the seller refunded my money. If you pay with Paypal, they have back up insurance for the buyer. If Ebay was a place where people consistantly got ripped, it would simply fail.
Post Thu May 15, 2003 8:27 pm