Usergroups
Roleplaying
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.
Roleplaying

I tend to carry my character through most of my adventures.
I have used my character ShadowWolfe in such games as IWD, IWDII, NWN, Baldurs Gate I & II have tried to keep the same feel in Gothic and so on.... Hes always a Ranger and in D&D style games his familiar is a Wolf named Arrow...
Do any of you have this habit too? or am I just weird ?

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:27 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I often use the same name for my characters. I usually name male characters I play Gareth and female characters after myself or possibly Sonia. Doesn't matter what class tho.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:01 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Yeah, a bit of roleplaying doesn't hurt CRPGs, but I'm not trying to always play the same character. Characters may differ, yet I'm doing some decent roleplaying while I'm at it. My Cyrodil legionnaire in Morrowind, my NWN half-orc barbarian and my unit commander in JA 2 for example did share the same name, but not many character traits.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:45 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

In D&D games my character is almost always mage (invoker). It doesn't matter if I play CRPG or PnP game. I try to keep this speciality in other games. Right now I'm trying to play a "pure" mage in Morrowind - quite a challange. Although, honestly, I think I'd prefer smth. of a more religious character - my first character in MW was Witchhunter I'm waiting for Inquisition/Mistmare/Lionheart with this regard.

So I think it's absolutely ok to play with more or less the same character all the time.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:51 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I use the same name most of the time but I vary the characters. I try to conceive a character and role-play as much as the game allows.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:19 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I often use the same name too, but the class varies after my mood.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:16 pm
ArcturusXIV
City Guard
City Guard

I always use the same names for my characters, and I almost always roleplay. I used to play old sk00l MUDs though, so I guess that's part of it. My friend was even more anal about roleplaying. He would play Baldur's Gate and balance his stats EXACTLY so they looked right for the type of character he was trying to roleplay. This was kind of useless for a warrior, but oh well, he's anal.
"Madness is the first step towards unselfishness. Be mad and tell us what is behind the veil of 'sanity'. The purpose of life is to bring us closer to those secrets, and madness is the only means." --Kahlil Gibran
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Well, I usually restart the game many times, but when I go though the first time I try to be a good thief (of course I keep the same name all the time)
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:17 pm
Tarkin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yeah, I try to use my alias to both CRPGs, D&D and MMORPGs. . . and mostly I try to play as a Thief/rogue or a normal melee fighter.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:17 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I always use the same name. The class varies at times, but I always choose fighter based classes. Lately I've enjoyed playing rangers. for example. I've never been much into mages although I did replay Gothic as a mage.

When there is a party game, my party "leader" is always the same "guy". And I always have a group of other repeat characters that I use over and over again. The first 4 "repeat" characters were my original crew in the game "Starflight".

I try to pretend that all my RPG characters are sort of like the "mercs" in Jagged Allaince 2. Some higher level "do gooder" organization is always checking in on certain worlds to see if some great quest needs to be fulfilled. If so, one or more of my characters is put on the job.

My main guy hasn't been to Britania in ages, though. He wants to go back badly. But not before he checks out things in Khorinis which should be happening rather soon, right???
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:00 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I always name my character "Rawis", and mostly I play as a warrior.
Post Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:27 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have a long history of always having a barbarian character named the mighty stamar in party based games.

But thats why I like party based crpgs, to try many classes at once. As opposed to one.
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:52 am