Usergroups
help with console!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

How does the console work? i mean..things like weapon and voicepitch etc..how can i edit or use these things? i heard from a guy that you can spawn any object in the demo..but i really don't know how to do that... if someone could help me out.
Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 1:28 pm
Kveldulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't know what voice pitch is but to insert anything just type 'insert' in the console, you only need to begin to type something and the game automatically finishes the word for you and it's all in english. After you type 'insert' then type whatever you wish to insert into the game like troll or itmw_ih_sword_bastard_03. Just remember that for some reason the keys 'z' and 'y' are switched as well as the keys '-' and '/'. Full lists of objects to insert (animals, monsters, babes, weapons,magic items) can be found at either Gothic fansite.
Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 10:34 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Eng demo for me doesn't finish cheats like ITMW. And I can't do underscores!?!

I start to type "insert itmw" but I am unable to make an underscore.

Is it switched with the '?' key?
Post Mon Sep 17, 2001 2:28 am
Kveldulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It will only finish words when the word couldn't be anything else, if it ends in a number then you will have to type the whole cheat. Example if you want to spawn a skeleton you will have to type all the letters because their are also skeletonwarriors, skeletonmages, and skeletonscouts, but if you want a skeletonwarrior then you need only type skeletonw, since all itmw's end in different numbers you need to tell the computer which one you want. Yes 'underscore' is switched with '?' they are on the same keys as '-' and '/', I'm guessing that German keyboards are laid out differently than ours, but I've not seen one.
Post Mon Sep 17, 2001 4:08 am