Usergroups
Morrowind FPS optimizer
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you run Morrowind on WinXP it most likely won't work yet.

The FTP Mirror is by me, the forum forgot my Login...

@REDF0X: It isn't online all the time. Try again if you haven't already downloaded it.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:08 am
astasenko

by the way thanks "Swift Wind".
I'm very pleased that it works for you
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:10 pm

Swift Wind

Hey no prob

No problem i'm glad i emailed ya for a little info. I love this thing i cant believe the devs didnt think of it. As for the people who cant figure it out just try and try again cause this thing does work. I just got the new version and its pretty much the same as before just easier to work with.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:56 pm

Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Swift Wind: I think most of those who don't get this utility to work are on WinXP. So it won't work for us - no matter how hard we try
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:49 am

by the way it seems that i've just fixed problems with Win2000 (and probably with WinXP). so try out version 0.3 (www.morrowind.nm.ru)
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:21 am

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I have 98se, the nocd crack, and I can't get this to work. It freezes my computer at 58% on the validation screen. Once it froze at 60%, ooh. I've tried 3 or 4 separate times.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:54 am
Ariel
Harmonious Angel
Harmonious Angel

I'm currently downloading it again. Hope it works.

astasenko: Could you please fix the links on your site? For instance, the link for the FPS optimizer is "http://www.morrowind.nm.ru/Morrowind FPS optimizer\index.html", but that "\" character is wrong and gives lots of people lots of 404's. It should be a "/".

Meow...
Arhu
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:19 am
Ariel
Harmonious Angel
Harmonious Angel

Wheeeee!!

V. 0.3 Worksforme in Win2000 (Athlon500, GeForce2 MX, some ~400MB Ram). I downloaded the tool plus the cracked exe from your site, started the game, switched back to the optimizer - NOT validated. Set the view distance in Morrowind to 0, clicked on validate in optimizer, and hurray: the process was validated.
(Hope I don't have to do that every time I start up Morrowind.. but oh well, it's a relatively small price to pay)

My short review of FPS optimizer: It's great, outstanding! If I look to the houses of the first village, the view distance is pretty low, if I turn around and face the wilderness, the view smoothly extends out to a much longer range.
And given that the view distance can be larger than the game's default maximum... Ewwww.. I'm very happy now, and big, big thanks to astasenko!!

Hope you can fix the problems that still prevent others from using it (see Prgrmr@wrk's post above).
And then I hope that Bethesda will come to senses and include these functions in an official patch.

Kudos, and thanks again,
Arhu
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:39 am

Ahru, thanx for info about site links - fixed

Prgrmr@wrk, please give me link to morrowind.exe crack you use
or just use one from my site (hope it will work for u)
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:45 pm

Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Wheeeee!!

Absolutely!

You realy made my day astasenko! At last it works for me... and how great it does! I tuned the values a little for my desires, doubled the max. distance and the speed the distance changes, raised the fps range a little (16-24). It makes the game is 100% more enjoyable, outside I get a really great panorama, inside the towns the slowdown is much less, and while you surrounded by buildings the lower render distance doesn't hurt at all. It's such a great idea... I wonder why Bethesda didn't implement something like that into the game!

For those on WinXP: make sure, your render distance slider is set all the way left before you try to validate the process, otherwise it won't work.

@astasenko: Could you implement an option, that the program tries to validate the process the way it does by clicking on the button automatically, if after a few seconds it couldn't validated the other way? I ask because it's a little problematic for me to switch back to the desktop after starting the game in full-screen mode (alt-tab won't work). Also it would be great if the tool would minimize to the system tray instead of the task bar. There could be a menue on right-click, giving the option to enable or disable the auto-mode.[/quote]
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:03 pm
Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Could please a moderator delete the post from me (posted as "Guest" accidently) with the FTP mirror? Now as there are some mirrors linked on the site, I think it's no longer needed...
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:06 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I hope I choosed right one.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:28 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Dangit.
They are exactly the same file, same date,size etc. I'll try replacing it anyways later, but right now I don't want to reboot.
Had to reinstall MW anyways, it almost tripled my FR, even at a higher resolution! Still looks like a sweet program though, I'm just the unlucky one this time
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:07 pm
Swift Wind

Glad its working for others now

Glad it is working for yall now and im glad to hear of its progress. I just saw this optimizer on another forum and people were dogging my Russian Friend i mean literally well i left a pretty nasty post for them. I dont believe in RACISM i am letting yall know, when i see or hear it i get like tyson used to in his early years literally have to take anger management it makes me want to hurt the racists seriously.((( Its a totally ignorant human who denies another humans potential to overachieve and prosper as a free being,and these ignorant humans will never achieve the full potential of the knowledge they can gain) my little quote if ya dont like it klss my ass playa hater
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:39 am

astasenko

about automatically beginnig auto (auto, auto, auto, ... validation scan after some time:
good idea, i think it can be done by additional checkbox on status page (initially disabled to prevent from long unsuccessful scans during gameplay -so u can enable it if you are sure that it works for you).

(by the way i think what "problem" of re-validation is for Win2000/XP only / especially in different sessions (re-boots))

i suppose to do it in v0.4 (+ window tray minimizing). but this verion can be delayed (week or so) 'cause i preparing for exams for post-graduate education

P.S. please mail futher suggestions (always welcome) to morrowind@nm.ru if possible,
because i can't read forums so often.

P.P.S. "Swift Wind" I suppose you was (really like a some sort of "tornado" in "ttlg" forum. by the way I do not take too close their initial flaming - just no one post "it worked for me" post at the beginning.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:22 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next