Splinter Cell
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Adventure Games

Author Thread
ministry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Splinter Cell

apart from being an avid RPG fan, i have lots of other games. i've had my xbox for about 6 months now, and i've gone through about 20 games. the other day electronics boutique was having a 2 for $50 sale so i picked up Robotech BattleCry, GunValkyre, and after being advised about it's greatness, i also bit the bullet and got Splinter Cell. Robotech is bitterly dissapointing, GunValkyre however is showing promise. but, Splinter Cell is just not working for me, should i give it more time, or get a refund before my 7 days is up? this probably isn't the place to disguss such a game, but has anyone got/played/finished it? is it worth keeping or even giving it another chance?
granted i'm probably not enjoying it because, i hate the who idea of american espionage. it sickens me, the storyline isn't compelling to me, i want me to fail.
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:45 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I liked splinter cell but if you don't like espionage games then you probably wont like it.
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:32 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

i didn't like splinter cell they probably made sth wrong... maybe the movement buttons
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:51 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Personally, I really liked Splinter Cell and the sequel Pandora Tomorrow. If you like a game where you run around with guns blazing, they're definitely not for you. At first I really didn't like S.C. it's a game that requires a fair amount of patience, but once you figure out the basics, it's a very rewarding experience. I'd say give it about 1-2 hours of your time really trying to get into it, and you'll get sucked into the experience.

I will say this; it's a VERY busy game, meaning it requires lots of maneuvering and button pushing, but I still think it's worth figuring out the controls.
Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:16 am
Pepto
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Splinter cell is a great game. It takes away from the Serious Sam, Duke Nukem....and puts you in the position of shoot, but only if you really want, or have, to.

The second instalment finally gave the multi-player, which was insane and only makes me look forward that much more to the co-op play in the 3rd game

Using each other to reach certain places, back-up, and yet all the sneaky sneaky that this game made good

"I can handle anything that life throws at me. I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently - but I will handle it. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well DANCE!!!!!"
Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:45 am
solidsnake9415
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'M playing Splinter Cell 3 and its the coolest game yet. havent got a chance to play co'op yet but heard it was awsome.
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:02 pm