Divine Divinity Wanted To Buy
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I live in New Zealand and have been waiting for months for DD to be released here, unfortunately it doesn't look as though it's going to happen.
I'm really keen to buy the game, so if anybody has one to sell or can help me out by buying one for me and sending it over I'd be forever grateful. I've tried the RPGdot 'buy and sell' but they either don't ship outside the UK / USA or it's credit card only - which I don't have. I can send a money order or bank cheque to anyone who's willing to help.
I'm also after "Gothic I &/or II".
It's odd that we're the first in the world to see a new day, yet we're so far behind with all the other things.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:24 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Um... just a suggestion...to get a paypal account all you need is a checking account.

Well, even if you dont have a checking account surely someone you know does. In that case, give them cash and get them to buy it online.

If they dont have paypal, get them to sign up for one its free.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:42 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Yes, I do have a cheque account, but I can't write a cheque to, say, John Smith in London with a New Zealand cheque in NZ dollars. It's just not possible.
I'm trying to organise a PayPal account, but they want a credit card to pay money into their account. If I had a credit card I could pay the person direct Silly isn't it!?!
Any other suggestions?
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:06 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

most banks in my area give out cash cards (or something like that) when you make an account. They work just like credit cards but use the money in your chequeing account (did i spell that right?). Its great, i use it all the time.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:59 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Yes, same here. But it's not a credit card par se. And you can't use it outside New Zealand.
I've been reading a bit more on DD anyway, and after seeing a few screenshots I've decided I don't want it anyway, lol. It looks similar to "Baldurs gate" and "Icewind Dale", you know the 'static set' kind of thing, and I'm not really into that kind of thing - I guess I've been spolied by interactive environments like "Morrowind" and "Arx Fatalis" lol.
Thanx for the suggestions tho, I'll probably end up having to get a credit card. Aahh weellll <sigh>
Oohh reminds me........... I don't think if I buy a US game I'd be able to play it on my PC anyway - different voltages and such. Same with the UK maybe? I'm being sent a UK game next week so will be able to try it out. Maybe I'll get a cheapy US game and see if it CAN play. I'm new to all this, so it's trial and error all the way.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:18 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

actually in DD most of the stuff you can move around. its not all "static". I mean you can take some hay from a barn and make a bed to sleep on... The graphics dont look that great in screenshots but when your playing it, it really adds some kick to the game.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:00 pm