About the Polish release
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

About the Polish release

Lemme get this straight..........they will release NOTR in a second language in a country that can't afford to pay attention, but they look at the largest market on the planet and say screwit....HUH?????

The richest country on the planet gets NO advertising, NO response to eager fans, but Poland...POLAND!! gets a language version release! I am simply dumbfounded.

Congrats to Poland and all 4 of it's Gothic fans

PB PLEASE LET ME PUBLISH G3!

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:51 am
rasmuslarsen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I see that you're just as shocked and confused as I am.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=228502&sid=b81d8169580245658326673924f5bd8b

It is truly a strange thing.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:30 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

English version boohoo

Or maybe a finnish version. Hahah Gorn's name would be Petteri.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:20 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

So what´s your problem with Poland geting it first? CDProject licensed it from JoWooD. Just normal business. Do you think Poland and Russia should also have to wait only because Atari and JoWooD suck?
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:26 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

But it doesnt make any sense. We all speak english dont we? Then why not release a english version ?
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:59 pm
rasmuslarsen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It has nothing to do with waiting Gorath.

They have released a Polish language version. People from Poland and Russia can be just as satisfied with the international version as us who don't understand German.

An international version in English would be a demographic choice compared to this.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:01 pm
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

This was my first idea: maybe there are political reasons, because

1. Poland is a new member of the European Union
2. the German-Polish history is "complicated"
3. plus the sales of Gothic 2 are good in Poland (?)

Therefore the German government might be supporting this project partly - having in mind international understanding and cultural interchange within the EU. They have surely a budget for that.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:21 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Whaha thats really insane, Edda
There are a hundred ways to increase the understanding between countries and none of them involves translating Crpg´s from one language to another

Cultural interchange, man you really made me laugh. though your idea is not very absurd there is just no way the german government would come up with such an idea. Please dont feel offended though
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The government has nothing to do with it... indigenous game industry isn't exactly big in Germany, especially not when it comes to government funding. It's just that the Polish publisher obviously has more interest in getting the game published than JoWooD and Atari together.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:43 pm
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by tolgerias
Whaha thats really insane, Edda
There are a hundred ways to increase the understanding between countries and none of them involves translating Crpg´s from one language to another

Cultural interchange, man you really made me laugh. though your idea is not very absurd there is just no way the german government would come up with such an idea. Please dont feel offended though

You're too polite, Tolgerias thanks, maybe I am insane - who knows? ... maybe my wish was father to my thought.

Government support for the game industry is not so absurd. I’ve read that the Canadian government is planning to transfer 4 million $ to Ubisoft Montreal (well, not for international understanding ... ) within the next years .
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:13 pm