Xardas after Circle of the Sun Ritual *POSSIBLE SPOILER*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Xardas after Circle of the Sun Ritual *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

I was looking for the cave with the winch near the stone circle when I went in another cave and found Xardas...DEAD! Is this supposed to happen? Did Pyrokar kill him after the ritual or something? If it's explained later in game, just let me know that - I don't want anything to be ruined for me. But if this is a bug, let me know as well.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:52 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmmm. Well that's interesting. It's almost impossible for me to explain why you shouldn't worry about it without getting into spoilers. To be on the safe side, is there any way you can restore to a game prior to the circle ritual and see if you don't find his body?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:28 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I can't, really, that's a little too far back. However, it seems like his being dead isn't going to affect anything - I'm getting together a ship crew and have the heavy paladin armor.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:31 am
Burns11
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hmmm, without spoiling anything, it shouldn't have happened (but just might in everybody's game), but it won't affect your game at all.

I'm going to see if I have a save back that far to see if he's dead somewhere back there too.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:48 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Very interesting indeed.. PB probably threw in his corps somewhere instead of removing him when you return after the Dragon Hunt.. I wonder if we can find Lothar somewhere as well?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:50 am
Burns11
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I went and poked around for a while, but didn't find him. I guess he could have been killed in your game (in a freak occurrance) when he ran into the small pack of lizards down there (I would have thought he would have been invincible though, or at least not a wuss).

I don't know. After the circle bit, they go to walk home. Maybe PB has them disappear once they get so far away from you, but you were too close and he was caught being attacked and they didn't program him to attack stuff on sight like the farmers do (since he was way up in the tower, no need). Don't know. Anyway, what did he have on him? Just curious (for some reason).
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:32 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That's really, REALLY odd, though, because I'm 100% certain I'd killed everything there already. And if he was supposed to go all the way home, why did he wander into a cave and then somehow die? Just seems odd.

Incedentially, I've beaten the game and know that, of course, he isn't dead...but still a very odd bug nonetheless, as I thought he would be invincible as well.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:56 am
Polarbear
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I found Xardas too, but i couldn`t take his stuff...very strange...nothing more...
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:18 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

This is just perfectly normal happening, this is the way how PB deals with NPC's that are no longer needed in the game. You will gain more enlightenment after you searched a certain cave behind the Orc barricades.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:46 pm
godz^
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm you guys remember that you got a letter from Xardas... that he went away and stuff.. maybe the fire mage cant remember his name wrote the letter and killed him so we wouldnt wonder why he is missing
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:30 pm