I'll never get in the old camp.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Bopoxdren
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'll never get in the old camp.

I've satisfied all of the bigshots in the old camp except Scatty and Fingers. I'm level 5, master at one-handed wep and got diggers trousers for 15 protection.

But Kirgo slices and dices me like I'm a flea

So except for roaming around the lands outside the camp and killing lizards and scavengers and wolfs for the next 3 or 4 real world nights to level up is there anything I'm missing? Any tricks or methods to get around this Kirgo?

Also, what's it gonna take to satisfy Fingers? I got 1st level skills in pickpocket, sneak, and open lock. Doesn't seem to be enough according to Diego... and man, skill points are few and hard to come by.

After the first few cool tests it seems like all I'm doing now is wandering around and slaying weak animals to level up. I'm getting bored. HELP.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:04 am
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

No matter what you do Diego says the same thing. You need two thieving skills or one theiving skill and sneaking. Spend as many skill points as possible on strength if you want to defeat Kirgo and Kharim. Before I joined a camp I was at level 14 or 15 so you're going to have to spend some time in the woods. Try to find the 1h Axe. If you can get strong enough you can beet someone up for it. There is also a Bone Crusher in the Old Mine. If you get strong you can beet the crap out of Jackle and get his weapon which causes damage up in the 50s. He also has a Heavy Crossbow which causes 90 some damge but you need 45 dexterity to use it.

Hope this help.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:39 am
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

Here are all the people you can satisfy to get in(talk to them first before doing the deed):

1. Thorus - Take out Mordrag.
2. Sly - Give Nek's amulet to him.
3. Whistler - Get his sword for him.
4. Dexter - Get Cor Kalom's potion recipe for him.
5. Fisk - (Must take out Mordrag) get Sharky to become the new fence for the old camp.
6. Scatty - Beat Kirgo.
7. Fingers - Learn some tricks. (I don't do this. Waste of SP.)

Also, did you remember to pass Diego's Test of Faith? that is a must if you want to get in. I got in without Scatty's or Fingers' support. Try the others out if you haven't already. If they still don't let you in, then you either have to start over and better manage your skill points or just go with what you have and cheat through Kirgo(which I highly suggest you not do. Takes the 'game' out of the game).[/b]
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:42 am
Bopoxdren
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Delo,

I've satisfied #2, 3, 4 and I've completed the Test of Faith.

Thorus has nothing to say to me except about getting a patron - nothing about taking out Mordrag. So I can't satify him or Fisk it seems.

If Diego always says the same thing, as per the poster before you, how do you know when you can join the camp? I expected there would be a time when Diego would make a move to talk to Thorus about me.

M Rotch,

Holy crap, level 14 or 15??? I'm only level 5 and most animals only give 50-80 xp per kill. It's gonna take me forever to advance. I guess I gotta ask myself if I want to spend the next week or two doing aimless hack & slash out in the woods... I fear I might not be as dedicated an RPGer as you fellows... But that's ok.

Thanks both of you for your replies.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:01 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

you need to satisfie 5 of them bigshots plus the test of faith and be lvl 5 and then there should be no prob ..

guess u should try to talk to fingers again and ask if he'll speak for u if u already have some skills cuz all u need is sneaking to get him on your side ..

and then follow mograt to the new camp ( or kill him what ever you like )

and you should be in whitout haveing to figth in the arena
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:11 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

1. you have to ask Thorus again and again if he has a job for you.
7. Fingers accepts stealing Cor Kalomīs recipe as proof of your thief skills

You need 5 solved quests, level 5 and the test of faith.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:11 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: I'll never get in the old camp.

You make me so glad I decided to go with the bow. I have 30 dex (with a ring) and one skill level in bow. Kirgo was tough, but a couple of times I had to reload because I killed him with the bow before I got a chance to switch to sword for the last blow. Did you buy the strength ring at the New Camp. It gives you +5. Did you get the free +5 strength from the pacifist in the rice fields at the New Camp? Did you get the armor from the new mine? I'm wearing that. It may be better than just trousers.

If your journal says something about Fingers thinking you need more progress that may be ok. That's what mine says after getting lock picking from him. I now have enough votes, including Fingers', to get in the Old Camp. But I have to do the mine quest first. BTW, two big shots gave me their votes even though they say I need more progress. That's just the way the game puts it.

quote:
Originally posted by Bopoxdren
I've satisfied all of the bigshots in the old camp except Scatty and Fingers. I'm level 5, master at one-handed wep and got diggers trousers for 15 protection.

But Kirgo slices and dices me like I'm a flea

So except for roaming around the lands outside the camp and killing lizards and scavengers and wolfs for the next 3 or 4 real world nights to level up is there anything I'm missing? Any tricks or methods to get around this Kirgo?

Also, what's it gonna take to satisfy Fingers? I got 1st level skills in pickpocket, sneak, and open lock. Doesn't seem to be enough according to Diego... and man, skill points are few and hard to come by.

After the first few cool tests it seems like all I'm doing now is wandering around and slaying weak animals to level up. I'm getting bored. HELP.

Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:01 am
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You don't need to go as high as 14 or 15 ten is good. After doing all the quest for the new, old, and sec camp you should be around level 8 or 10. Don't join the Old camp before you complete all the quest for the other camps. (Hint: Spoiler: Don't give the Test of Faith List to Diego, give it to Lares at the New Camp. Trust me it pays off 3 times as big. You get twice as much experience and some goods.)
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:55 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rotch
You don't need to go as high as 14 or 15 ten is good. After doing all the quest for the new, old, and sec camp you should be around level 8 or 10. Don't join the Old camp before you complete all the quest for the other camps. (Hint: Spoiler: Don't give the Test of Faith List to Diego, give it to Lares at the New Camp. Trust me it pays off 3 times as big. You get twice as much experience and some goods.)

Ok. I trust you. But I just want to make sure I understand you. Do mean I should give the list to Lares and I'll still be able to join the old camp eventually?
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:56 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

First time I joined the old camp, I was at lvl 5, and it went just fine, but now I'm playing as sect loonie, so I did all the quests everywhere before I joined.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:37 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Silken, you can still join the old camp, yes. because lares doesnt keep the list, he just makes some changes to it and gives it back to you
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:25 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

hmm...

I dunno what you guys are talking about you dont need to win in the arena. If you fight the guy from the new camp (cant remember his name right now) you get scattys vote even if you lose

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:34 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Kharim

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:51 pm
Bopoxdren
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Just had to get an ass whoopin' from Karim and I was in.

I'm sure glad I didn't give up on Gothic. I've progressed a good deal and am having a blast with this game. A truely awesome RPG!

P.S. Considering all the grief Kirgo gave me trying to get on to the next chapter, I now make it a point to stop by the arena entrance each morning I wake up in the old camp and stomp his ass good! What fun.
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:16 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Great! im glad you like it.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:48 pm