ARX 2, Any new info?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Mattrulz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ARX 2, Any new info?

Just got arx recently with my new vid card and never seen it before but enjoyed it very much, only took me a week and a half but would've taken me alot longer without clues from the forums for sure, so is Joe gonna have a part 2 or what, seen alot of posts and like alot say I hope they take there time on the sequel and if I may or anyone else suggestions on th name, mine would be The Rising Sun of ARX if they plan on making it to the surface, just a thought,
Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:27 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Honestly, I don't think there is an Arx2 as such any more. I think they started prototyping Arx2 with the Source engine (because we were told as much) and in the process of finding a publisher, either couldnn't find one for Arx2 or were too tempted by Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. I think any suitable assets were converted over for Dark Messiah.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:36 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Its a real shame Arx fatalis was far from a perfect game, but i loved it anyway. If you can get over the cranky unbalanced character development, some horrible voice acting (aside from goblins/trolls who were just marvelious) and few unlogical annoying puzzles, it was a splendid game.
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:11 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Since it is their own IP, I am guessing it still is a possiblity in the future and until then we can have the next best thing, Dark Messiah.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:45 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I e-mailed Arkane studios back in June to ask what was up with Arx 2 and got this response from Raphael Colantonio;

Thanks for your interest regarding Arx2.
We're currently worling on a game which will be announced soonish. It's in the same vein as Arx, so I think you'll like it.
Best,
-Raphael

Now, while it doesn't say there won't be an Arx 2, it seems pretty clear that they are devoting all resourses to the subsequently announced Dark Messiah.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:27 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

After reading the RPGDot Dark Messiah interview, it was certianly good news that Arx 2 is a live and well.
Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:19 am