Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
From the Crypt to the Dwarven Mines - Please help!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

From the Crypt to the Dwarven Mines - Please help!

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this question before or not, but here's my problem: I just found Poxcellis' tomb, retrieved his helmet and equipped it, and followed the arrows back to the crypt (level 5) entryway. What next? Should I be taken magically to the next location (based on the walkthru, the Mushroom Forest)? Or do I need to find an exit to this next location elsewhere in the crypt? The walkthru didn't cover this information extensively and since I'm having a heck of a time figuring it out, I thought I should ask and beg somebody, ANYBODY, for a little help. Any help you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated!
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:49 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Next step with the Helm of P.

You will not be taken anywhere in the game unless you use the teleporters or see a cut scene first. Leave the crypt on your own, and then go to Level 7 to clean out that nest. Get the map if you don't have it, as there are a lot of twists in that area. Be sure to have your health up to par and get your equipment fixed before the trip. You can find an entrance from the Snake Ladies home on level 6. I assume you activated the teleport there. Leave their area and enter the caves or mines, whatever you want to call it, and find the stairs down to next level. If this is not enough, I am glad to help. Have fun. (Hint) Leave all stuff you don't need right now in chest in your room, as there is a lot of loot down there you can sell.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:15 am
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the help - MUCH appreciated!
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:59 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You're Welcome

No problem. Glad to help.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:25 pm
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay, this is an entirely new problem, for anybody still out there... I haven't had much trouble figuring things out in this game until recently, for some reason. At any rate, I'm trying to enter the ice caves now. I know where the entrance is on level 2 - the double doors leading from the goblin kingdom. However, what do I need to do to OPEN those doors? Is there a switch nearby, or do I need a key? Nothing in my inventory seems to do the trick. Again, I've consulted a walkthru but I haven't seen any mention of how to open those doors.

Thanks for the help so far.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:32 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Ice caves

O.K. at some point in time you get key off one of the goblins. Where are you in walkthrough and I can give you much faster and shorter answer.
P.S. Do you have walkthrough? I should have asked. If not just what was last thing that you did and where.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:39 pm
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahhhhh, I actually have enough information now - I didn't know it was a key I found on the goblins WAY back at the beginning of the game. I actually tossed it in the dwarven mines, so I had to go back and get it, but it opened the way and I'm all set now, or so it seems.

Again, many thanks
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:39 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Great

Glad you found it. I posted hints (spoiler) re this section in the past week if you get stuck.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:47 am
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Big request

Okay, as you can tell I've been working on Arx pretty hard these past few days, since I've had some time off work... but I've run into a new problem, much worse than anything previous because I actually managed to lose two of my Akbaa meteors (as I'm sure you know, five are required to reach the endgame)... I've looked and looked to no avail for the remaining two. So, does anybody out there happen to have a saved game right before the final battle? I'm dying to see how the game ends, but I've really screwed myself by losing those meteors... grrrrr... Anything immediately preceding the endgame would be great, since my only other alternative is starting from scratch... and I'm just not up to that at this time! So, if anybody has such a thing, let me know and I'll give you my e-mail address and we'll be in business. It would be a real lifesaver!

Thanks again
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:22 am
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh, yes, I should mention that I actually HAD three of the stones early in the game, but having no room for them all in my inventory I threw them aside, thinking, in my infinite stupidity, that I probably wouldn't ever have need of them. Boy I'm kicking myself now. So, it's not a matter of not being able to find the original stones, or I'd just glance at a walkthru or something -- it's nigh impossible to solve this problem any other way. Desperate times call for... you know how it goes.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:28 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Help

Find a post by Dood and then send him a private message and ask him. He sent one to another person just a few days ago. Otherwise I suggest you start a whole new thread to ask for a saved game, so eveyone will see it. Others have done it. I have deleted my game just last week. Hope someone can help.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:45 am
Ence Fatalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, you're right, I should start a new post, and that way if anybody else should run into the same problem they can just look there as well. Again, thanks for all the help so far.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:53 pm