RPGDot Network    

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Help with Ancestral Ghosts!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Help with Ancestral Ghosts!

Hi Everybody!

I'm a newbie with morrowind so please forgive me for the stupid questions:)
Here is my problem: i'm a knight and a member of the fighters guild. In my current quest i have to kill the necromancers in Vas. I've found the place, but a don't know how i can damage the ghosts. I've got a steel saber, and thats all. No offensive spells. I think that maybe a magical weapon can harm them.
Please, i need you advice:)
Thx!
Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:40 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yep, ghosts laugh in the face of your steel weapons!

You'll need to use either magic, an enchanted weapon, or a weapon crafted of silver or better. Your best bet is either a Silver Longsword (as they are quite common), or any sword with an enchantment (it doesn't actually matter what the enchantment is).

Visit your local trader and weaponsmith and see whether there are any bargains to be had.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:18 am
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thx!

I bought an enchanted sword and killed them all:)
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:47 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

After all I think, that you should develop basic magic skills in MW. It is really useful.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:42 am
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I thought about that. Are the bound weapons and armors useful? Because i'm playing with a knight, and if this summoned equipment are good, i will train in conjuration.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:56 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

quote:
Originally posted by ScOut3R
I thought about that. Are the bound weapons and armors useful? Because i'm playing with a knight, and if this summoned equipment are good, i will train in conjuration.

Yeah, the equipment is quite good. It's daedric. But it's kinda hard to train in Conjuration. Still developing basic mysticism is both good and easy.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:43 am
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:

If you're playing with the Knight class that comes with the game, I'd recommend against doing what you've suggested above.

1) Conjuration is a misc. skill for a Knight, which means it'll take FOREVER to get it to go up through practice.

2) You can pay to train in Conjuration, but once your Conjuration skill gets to be equal to your Intelligence, you can't train anymore in it. So that means having to spend attribute increases in Intelligence, rather than other "Knightly" attributes like Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, and Willpower.

3) One of a Knight's major (or minor, I don't exactly recall which) skills is Armor, which means you need to improve this skill to gain levels. The best way to increase this skill is to fix the weapons and armor that you use in battle. Bound equipment cannot be repaired this way. And improving Conjuration doesn't help you gain levels.

Of course, MW is open enough that you CAN play a Knight using bound equipment, but you'll be bucking the system if you go that route.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:46 pm
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thanks your reply gsgrimm!

I came to the same conclusion. I can't train my conjuriation skill effectivly, and with that i mess up the knights main skills. So i bought a new weapon, an enchanted katana, the Demon Katana, which is fairly a good weapon at the start of the game. And i can summon a bound longsword with it, so it was a good choice i think.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:22 am
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Thanks your reply gsgrimm!

I came to the same conclusion. I can't train my conjuriation skill effectivly, and with that i mess up the knights main skills. So i bought a new weapon, an enchanted katana, the Demon Katana, which is fairly a good weapon at the start of the game. And i can summon a bound longsword with it, so it was a good choice i think.

Good move. And every summoning using that weapon will give you a small increase to your Enchant skill (a Knightly skill).
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:52 am