Fire Atronach
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Thread
Shadowdragon07
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well werewolfes are alright, but they don't look that cool in Bloodmoon, at least that is what I think, I tried to go for the coolest looking monsters
Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:47 pm
weirdo2590
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yeah but the transformation cutscene makes them far cooler. Much better than vampires.
Post Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:21 pm
Shadowdragon07
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yeah, thats true,

Also, with that ring(or Amulet) or whatever it is you can transform into a werewolf anytime you want, I don't think there's an item to transform you into a vampire.
Post Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:40 pm
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

It's a pity they didn't include the wereboar in the Morrowind subraces portfolio. Wereboars were pretty funny in Daggerfall - but they didn't look 'cool' (I don't think werewolves look 'cool', either... they're just hairy, smelly folks).
Post Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:22 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hairy smelly wereboars in Daggerfall? - - gosh! - - my memory must be failing me.
Post Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:57 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you can get Daggerfall running, head out to any graveyard and camp for a while, you'll soon meet a wereboar
Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:03 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Reading your post charlie, made me remember instantly, thats right about the werewolf/wereboar?, all that trudging across the landscape to the repetative soundtrack. The sprites were bitmaps i think? . . . but how on earth can you tell if a wereboar is "smelly" ? - now that would bring some realism to gaming (a tiny aerosol spray hidden inside the speakers releasing puffs of beast-smell!
Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:35 pm
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

Yes, bitmap sprites indeed. 3D-rendered models turned into lego bitmaps... the basic models they bought were so expensive the developers had to reuse them over and over again to minimize costs. And you didn't have to trudge across the landscape, they had (kind of instant) transportation there, but trudging was worthwhile all the same. Both landscapes and music were repetitive, provided you stayed in the same country/province. And you could meet both werwolves and -boars in dungeons, too.
Were they smelly? I think so. IRL they didn't smell any differently than any of the other beasts, of course - like overheated hard drives - , but they looked rather smelly to me.

I'm replaying Arena right now - I actually got DOSBox to run after unsuccessfully trying to get it to work for over a year! I'm such a technical genius. Now I just need to get Battlespire to work under XP. I'd like to see myself again .

I was a tad disappointed with the Dremora in Morrowind, so... basic and brutish if compared to their Battlespire brothers. But the Oblivion previews gave me hope... the Dremora seen in one of the movies has a name. I hope it'll be the rule and not the exception like in Morrowind plus expansions (which had... what, three named Dremora?).

Oh, by the way... Daggerfall is supposed to run under DOSBox, too. Courtesy of UESP, here are the instructions:

"Go a get the latest release of DOSBox, v0.61 or later, and install it.
You may wish to disable sound in Daggerfall initially and then later enable it (run SETUP.EXE in Daggerfall's directory). You may also have to edit DOSBox's configuration file in order to get sound working properly.
Start up DOSBox. Type Intro or help to get basic commands. For those familiar in using DOS or a command prompt, it's very much the same thing with some extra commands.
Mount the drive where Daggerfall is installed. For instance, on my computer it's E:\DAGGER\ so I mount it with the command MOUNT E E:\DAGGER. It's relatively important to mount the game so it's in the right spot. If I mounted it differently (MOUNT C E:\DAGGER) I would have to modify Daggerfall's Z.CFG file and update the game's location.
I'm running the game without a CD (see the Without the CD hack) so I don't have to worry about mounting the CD (see DOSBox's readme file for CDROM options).
Start the game as normally (do a E: and a CD DAGGER or whatever to get into your Daggerfall path). For running the game without a CD you can start with FALL.EXE Z.CFG (or use a pre-setup batch file), otherwise a simple DAGGER will do.
At this point it should be noted that currently (v.61) DOSBox's support for protected mode games (like Daggerfall) is in its early stage and so it needs a very fast computer in order to run the game. For instance, on my 2800+ AMD I can get Daggerfall to run pretty much full speed without sound. Future versions of DOSBox will likely decrease the CPU requirements.
You may notice that it takes several minutes to initially start the game and load a save game. This is simply due to the high CPU requirements of DOSBox apparently.

You can make the game run faster by increasing how much real CPU time DOSBox uses with CTRL+F12. You can increase the speed slightly more by skipping frames via CTRL+F8.
I found that the mouse only worked when running Daggerfall in full screen (or try CTRL+F10).
"
Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:34 pm
Kingbreaker
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Golden Saints are the coolest. They are also under the patronage of my Lord and Master, Sheogorath, Prince of Madness.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:10 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4