Usergroups
Thought's on American release?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Raventhull
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just wanted to know what the verdict is on the American version. I played the demo and thought it was awesome, but I have read a few messages saying some content may have been cut from the North American version. Tell me this isn't true! I really want to pick this up, any impressions would be great!

Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 4:35 am

the north american version has been censored.
Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 6:02 am

im playing it. some content may be censored..theres still plenty of cussing going on in it.
Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 8:37 am

damifino
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm not sure what all is in the German version, but so far there's not much missing form the demo. The language and gore levels are the same (break a lockpick and you'll see .

Oh, and you get to be a pot-smoking drug dealer as well

-Troy

[ This Message was edited by: damifino on 2001-11-22 02:46 ]
Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 8:41 am
Terwin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What EXACTLY has been censored? And does it affect the gameplay?
Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 2:16 pm
Chirox
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Does anybody know if there will be different englishspeaking versions for the American and the European market... I would not want to have to play a censored version just because the americans has sticks up their b**ts...

(The americans that incists on cencorship that is... The rest are quite stick-free I am sure)
Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 2:27 pm

Can sombody PLEASE tell me where to download the patch to uncensor the american version
Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 4:10 pm

There is no patch to restore the game back to its original form as far as I know. Hopefully someone from PB might be able to at least give us a list of all the different things that had to be cut or changed to reduce it down to a early teen rating.

Maybe one day an "unoffical" patch might be released from a developer that would at least add all the content that is missing from the North American version. We can only hope. Until then, you might want to steer clear of the North American version.
Post Thu Nov 22, 2001 8:13 pm

FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

If PB released a list of edited content right now, that would be considered counter-advertising.

This would actually be bad publicity.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 1:00 am
Quemaqua
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just in case you guys haven't been reading the 8,000 other posts on this topic, nothing has been censored except for the bathbabe. Instead of being naked, she has on a bikini, which can be gotten rid of by deleting the texture file for you purists! This was strictly done to remove nudity from the game so it could get a teen rating and reach a wider audience. Everything else is still in place. And again, you can delete the bikini, so nobody cares. =)
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 7:56 am

quote:

On 2001-11-22 08:27, Chirox wrote:
I would not want to have to play a censored version just because the americans has sticks up their b**ts...

(The americans that incists on cencorship that is... The rest are quite stick-free I am sure)

Hey! At least we keep our blood colored red.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:46 pm