having problems with the game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

having problems with the game

Hey, I've played this game before, uninstalled it, then recently I reinstalled it and all I get is a black screen. When I press cnt+alt+delete to get out of it, I get a message saying "dungeon siege not responding". What the heck happened? It ran fine a month ago. Can any of you guys help me out?
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:16 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Hmm... have you tried patching the game to the newest version available? You may also want to try re-reinstalling the game. It seemed to easily become corrupted for some unknown reason.

Hope you can fix your woes with DS...

-vaticide
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:33 pm
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks Vaticide, I'll try patching hopefully that will work. I've reinstalled many times already, but got the same result. This is excatly why I hate playing pc games sometimes, they're really unstable.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:50 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I have a fix, I think

I had the same problem. exactly. I have a Nvidia 4400 with 41.09 drivers, Beta but they work. The game will only run for me on default Card settings. Other drivers ,30.82, caused pointer blinking. Any AA(Quincux) settings or other tweaks will give a black screen with sound, maybe. Try default video card settings and update the drivers. And no EAX sound. NO TWEAKING! This is a fussy game but the eyecandy is inspirational and worth a visit.good luck
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:01 pm
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

thanks for the advice, the game still doesn't work, but i'll give your advice a shot. other games i'm having trouble with that worked before are AvP, freedom force, and disciples 2. they all worked well, but now i get no response.

Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:34 am