Where's the stupid priest...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Where's the stupid priest...

... with my fifth Akbaa meteor? I finally managed to kill the 2 Ylsides in the last room, and still no priest. I went back to level 2 to search for the missing stone and nothing. I'm positive that no priest attacked me when I disrupted the magical field to the Ylside's bunker. I won't be able to finish the game without that stupid last rock...
Ð
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:53 am
Herbert_West
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Missing priest....

I'm stuck at the same place. If anybody has a clue about how to get around this, it would be much appreciated!!

Getting this close to the end of the game only to run into a game stopping bug is more than just a little disappointing.
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:28 am
CaptainBob
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

re: Where's the stupid priest... [Spoiler]

Drakton asks:
Where's the stupid priest... with my fifth Akbaa meteor? I finally managed to kill the 2 Ylsides in the last room, and still no priest. I went back to level 2 to search for the missing stone and nothing. I'm positive that no priest attacked me when I disrupted the magical field to the Ylside's bunker. I won't be able to finish the game without that stupid last rock...

Drakton, you're probably missing the 5th one (after the one with the priest), which is also in the temple bunker.

There is a puzzle in Iserbius' room which helps you get the key. There is a meteor I think with one of the two priests which I found downstairs in the bunker armory (the one with the forge).

For the 5th one in Iserbius' room, scroll down:
OK, in his room, there is a chest which can't be opened. Notice that on the little altar there are two skulls. One has a candle in it, one doesn't. Suggest anything? Double-click on a candle in your inventory (there are some in the bunker) and then on the skull. Turn to the right. On the left front bedstand, a little secret panel opens up which has the key to the chest, which has the 5th meteor in it.

Also, other players might want to make sure that they killed the lich waay back in the Akbaa 1st temple (the one in the secret room opposite the secret room with the golem) since that lich's treasure also has a meteor. The lich room is on the balcony of the big room just before the place where you fight the demon and destroy the meteor.

-Captain Bob
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:46 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: re: Where's the stupid priest... [Spoiler]

I got those. I had 3 meteor rocks when entered the Ylsides bunker and got the one in Iserbius room, thus having four...
Thank you for answering, but I already lost interest in this game.
I had so much expectations for it, and it was good, really really good, best game I had played in many years, and then this stupid bug ruined it all.

Ð
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:11 am
Herbert_West
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's a bug.

When I enter the area where the priest is supposed to be I hear a vioce yell "Brothers help me!" but no body to go along with the voice.

FYI. I had removed the barrier much ealier in the game during exploration; got my butt kicked by the first two Ylsides and decided to come back later. There was no priest at that time either.
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:21 am
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Apparently there is NO bug as Julien Roby from Arkane Studios (makers of Arx Fatalis) says in one of the other threads here:

quote:
The problem you're talking about is not a bug:
A few people didn't find the last priest at the end of the game because they have still not enchanted the final weapon.
But after doing that the cinematic with alia is played and the priest appears...

They are no known bug that can prevent you from finishing the game in 1.15 version.

So take his word for it, install patch 1.15, create the final weapon properly (you will need it anyway) and them your priest WILL appear
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:49 pm
lEv|gOn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well, i experienced that, too. i dispelled that field earlier in the game and didn´t fight any priest with a akbaa meteor then.
now there is no snáke-alia dialog and no priest and no way through that door in the ylsides bunker. this is really annoying. wish there were any cheats in this game. i could just let that meteor appear in my pocket =)
i tried that 1.5 patch, but it doesn´t change anything, probably it´s too late now, i should have installed that before i started playing.

may the lords bless that hero, that helps me on this quest:
please find a working solution on this bug (even if there is no bug in 1.5 @ julien roby). i´d still like to finish the game and save arx from akbaa, so i can go back to the noden
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:50 pm
Herbert_West
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

For those that get stuck with this.

+Warning+
Solution to "missing" priest situation, below. Could be considered a spoiler...
+Warning+
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
You have to combine the egg with the sword that you made in the Dwarven Mines. You then have to Enchant the sword. If you cast the Enchant spell from your book and he says "I'm not skilled enough" or something similar, then you need to find an Enchant scroll and use that.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:54 am