Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Has anyone here used Marvin/Taki mode in ver. 1.32?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Has anyone here used Marvin/Taki mode in ver. 1.32?

Just wondering if it works the same as other versions. Thanks!
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:46 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Lol never heard of the version, can I get some details maybe?
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:03 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Sir Markus,

Could you be a bit more specific? - - - - German? - - - - can't read German?

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:35 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Version 1.32 is the version released in North America US market from Atari. It differs some from the UK version 1.31 they claim by fixing the German text in the journal and the wearing two rings at a time buglet, plus they claimed it was to tweak some of the AI and positions, and NEW voices. How much of that is true, I do not know.

Yes, the Marvin mode will work since the basic EXE has that routine still built into it.

Tell us if the German text buglet in the journal is still there. I think that is the only thing they fixed? I sent them a text file....who knows....whant to translate Gothic 2 add-on yet? Looks as if we are never going to get a English version....
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:01 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Has anyone here used Marvin/Taki mode in ver. 1.32?

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Markus
Just wondering if it works the same as other versions. Thanks!

How about posting in the correct forum next time? Thanks.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:41 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Oh brother, I can't believe I forgot to mention the game title, that's what sleep deprivitation does to you. Yes it is Gothic 2 thanks for bailing me out Xerxes, and thanks for the responses. Basically all I was wondering is if anybody has actually used the Marvin/Taki mode in the English version 1.32 of Gothic 2.

I sold this game to some guy on ebay and he wants his money back because he claims he can't access these modes. I never tried it myself so I was wondering if the feature doesn't work in this version or if this guy is just doing it wrong.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:52 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

We´ve had a few people with problems entering Marvin mode, in both 1.31 and 1.32.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm heard about that problem too couple of times somewhere in those threads
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:33 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Markus

I sold this game to some guy on ebay and he wants his money back because he claims he can't access these modes. I never tried it myself so I was wondering if the feature doesn't work in this version or if this guy is just doing it wrong.

He wants his money back because he can't cheat. lol like that's the most important think Gothic has to offer.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:31 pm
Neron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

what is Marvin/Taki mode? cheating?
Just wondering, cuz i cant stand cheating? (only if i get stuck )
Post Wed May 19, 2004 4:54 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You can insert almost anything and you can change your stats
Post Wed May 19, 2004 6:32 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You open it typing cmarvinc (c is the key to open your character stats, so for example if you use k to open your stats type kmarvink). The possibilities are almost endless. F8 is very usefull, it's revives your character. So if you fall from a cliff or something and you haven't saved a long time just open the marvin mode and press F8. That's the only cheat I have used sometimes and I inserted Diego's and Cor-Angar's armor once, but I didn't like playing with them.
Post Wed May 19, 2004 9:18 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
Version 1.32 is the version released in North America US market from Atari. It differs some from the UK version 1.31 they claim by fixing the German text in the journal and the wearing two rings at a time buglet, plus they claimed it was to tweak some of the AI and positions, and NEW voices. How much of that is true, I do not know.

Yes, the Marvin mode will work since the basic EXE has that routine still built into it.

Tell us if the German text buglet in the journal is still there. I think that is the only thing they fixed? I sent them a text file....who knows....whant to translate Gothic 2 add-on yet? Looks as if we are never going to get a English version....

What is the two rings at a time bug? I live in the US but I played the UK import. I don't remember any bugs with wearing two rings.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 3:44 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Some times it occurs. Not always. If you try to wear two rings at the same time, you can not.

It does not happen all the time. If it does happen (you are wearing one ring and want to place another ring on you other hand) it may not allow you.

Simply remove only your armor. Put the other second ring on, then put your armor back on, is a work around.

It will not happen again until you get a new ring. Then once you do this procedure; you can switch out any of the two ring spots. It is only when you try a new ring; a small buglet that is easy to over come. Once you do this, you can switch out rings as normal.

A small buglet that gives annoyance. easy to fix by just drop your armor (Rustung) put ring on then, then put back armor on. It will be work with two rings for quite a while, forever, just a small but important note.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 12:01 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

almost like its no bug
Post Thu May 20, 2004 12:30 pm