Head Merchant
Head Merchant

anyone remembers Twin Peaks?

Just watched it all through:
-Fire Walk With Me
-Pilot
-First Season
-Second Season...

After 16th episode it started to go downhill, more and more... Last two (28 & 29) were attempting to get back to the basics of Twin Peaks (David Lynch came back to the writing team) and wrap it up all at the same time- but they just made me think I wish it all ended abruptly before all tis "Black Lodge" and "White Lodge" extravaganza...
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:33 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Ah yes, Twin Peaks. To be true, I can't remember half of the series for it's been a little while since I saw it, but I loved the music - Angelo Baddalamenti soundtracks are a must-have for me. I remember liking TP.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:08 am
horst wessel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If you liked Twin Peaks watch "Fire Walk With Me"- a prequel movie, came out a few years after TP was shown. Fantastic film- pure David Lynch, plus Chris Isaac and David Bowie (small role). Angelo Bandelamenti also wrote the music. I love his style too- he wrote all the music for "The City of Lost Children"- anothe fantastic film. Recommend for anyone who has an imagination.
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:56 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I've seen Fire Walk with me, also own the soundtrack .
Angelo also wrote the soundtrack of Mulholland Drive (another movie I really liked), and to the Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy game.
I haven't seen City of lost Children, but I know I should check it out... thanks for the reminder!
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:32 am
horst wessel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

man, you just ought to see it. It is you moral obligation, as a person with an imagination:)
Delicatessen is another fantastic film (most of actors are the same as in The City of Lost Children), and same film directors (Jeunet and Caro)
Post Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:15 am
THX1138
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Coffee-Coffee-Coffee

There's a fish in the percolator!!
Twin Peaks does for coffee and pie what Blade of Darkness does for melee weapons!
Badalamenti has done the soundtrack's for Lynch since Blue Velvet. They are all great. Blue Velvet, TwinPeaks, Wild at Heart, Lost Highway, Mullholand Drive. I can't remember if he did The Straight Story, and there might be others too;)
I have City of Lost Children, and must have forgotten he did the ST. I save that movie for very rainy days:)
Badalamenti and Lynch worked together on two albums with singer Julee Cruise. Floating into the Night, and The Voice of Love.
They comprise alot of the vocal songs from the movies of Lynch from Blue Velvet to TP:Fire Walk With Me, plus some of their own originals. Good moody stuff.
I did not know that Badalamenti did music for Indigo Prophecy, I may have to check that out!
Thanks for the info.
Damn good coffee, and HOT!!

edit
Amelie is another movie by Jeunet that I liked. He also did Alien Resurrection, but I am only lukewarm on that one.
Post Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:18 am
horst wessel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My name is Mike, his name is BOB!
If you like Angelo Badalamenti, check out teh band called Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore- similar style, but all instrumental. Two awsome albums to check out are Black Earth and Sunset Mission.
Alien Resurrection isn't worth wasting time on- very mediocre. Amelie, on the other hand, is really cute.
Would you like to hea about our specials? We don't have any!
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:21 am