Members
Usergroups
How to level Enchant Skill?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Akaz1976

How to level Enchant Skill?

This seems to be by far the most expensive/difficult skill to level. The only way to level seems to be to enchant items but each enchantment costs one gem with a soul. And with each gem stone with a soul being valued at atleast 100, i incur a loss every time i enchant (even when successfull).

Not only do i loose the value of the gem when i fail to enchant but i also loose the value of the game when i DO enchant successfully as the value of the enchanted item does not go up.

So unlike Alchemy (which can be very profitable) this skill seems to be a loss making operation.

Am i missing something?

Akaz

PS. Ofcourse things would be much better if items enchanted by u went up in value in relation to the quality of the enchantment.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:07 pm

The use of enchanted items raises your skill as well. I made a couple of rings that have a 1pt heal and 75 charges, it may be slow, but it does raise your skill.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:34 pm

Doctor Lucky

Increasing Enchantment Skill

I have noticed my Enchant skill go up after four activities:

Using an enchanted item (sometimes raises Enchant by 1)

Recharging an enchanted item (Raises Enchant by a fair bit)
This uses up a gem, but is MUCH faster than making an item.

Making an item
I've never succeeded at this. Not that I've tried dozen of times, but...

Paying for training
By far the most economical way, in terms of my time and my character's money. The young alchemist in the basement of the Balmora Mages guild can take you to 49. If you do a few quests for her, she'll be 100% reaction to you, which makes it cheaper. Plus, during one quest you'll have an oppoortunity to steal a whack of nice soul gems from one of the other mages.

As for making money by enchanting? I haven't found a way. But I make money by raiding Bad Daedra shrines and selling the loot to Creeper, so...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:36 pm

Akaz1976

[q]Using an enchanted item (sometimes raises Enchant by 1)
[/q]

So using a enchanted item 100 times would raise my enchanted skill level by 1? wont enchant skill go up quicker by using a more complex item?

btw does charging an enchanted item increases the total charge (ie 45/45 to 65/65) or does fill it up (ie 1/45 to 45/45)

Thanx

Akaz
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:53 pm

Ellusion

Creating, using and recharging magic items will raise your skill. But as you say, creating enchantments to raise the skill is a total bore, so you might want to opt for the easy "cheat".

Make, say 5 rings - using expensive rings and the third level value of gems (dont remember, the greenish fat ones), and summoning skeletons or the like (2-4000 value in the gems). Have all the rings heal 1pt for 0 duration, and name them alphabetically (ring 1, ring 2, ring 3 etc).

If you equip ring 1, and just deplete them one by one ("next magic item" bound to the mousewheel will let you scroll/equip them one by one as they deplet rather fast). Rest for 5-6 hours, then repeat. Should net you a point in Enchantment going through them 2 or 3 times.

As I said, it's utterly boring and feels like a "cheat", but then again, trying to raise Enchantment in the field is nigh impossible.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:27 pm

Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

There are a number of useful enchanted items you can you repeatedly without feeling like cheating.

For healing, I use half restoration spells, half healing items. The healing items are fairly weak, so you do have to use them alot to regain full health. So, if I'm not in a hurry, I use items.

I use feather items quite a bit to carry "just a little more" back with me from a recent tomb/shrine raid. Once again, they don't last long, so you use quite a few uses to get to a decent trader or your storage space.

On occassion, I'll use the destruction spell rings to fight monsters. Once again, you could use something else, but it's a good way to raise enchant without wasting time or feeling like cheating.

Since we can only mark one teleport point (that I'm aware of), I use the Divine Intervention items frequently to speed travel back to civilization.

Many other examples exist where you can use items instead of spells, and raise your enchant legitemately.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 11:18 pm
Kyzug

Follow this link to the current list of known Master Trainers. Enchanting is listed within.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=64259#64259
Post Fri May 17, 2002 12:25 am

number5

quote:
Originally posted by Morandil
There are a number of useful enchanted items you can you repeatedly without feeling like cheating.

Many other examples exist where you can use items instead of spells, and raise your enchant legitemately.

Does it raise my Enchant skill too when I use enchanted weapon like a jinxsword with paralyse cast when strikes?
Post Fri May 17, 2002 3:07 am

Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I haven't noticed an increase with weapons which cast on strike, but I could be wrong.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 4:30 am