Officially joined the club of 'Ye whom have killed Akbaa'
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Scrib
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Officially joined the club of 'Ye whom have killed Akbaa'

I killed the gruesome dude, and the game ended, (the master should go on a diet)
I never got a chance to see the sisters again once they took off after I told them where the bandits cave was- Plus, I heard rumor of secret levels 9-10? any truth to this? Also, can one get outside by any means?

---Waiting for Fable, I remain,
Scrib
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:00 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I would assume you have a save game at just before you enter to kill Akbaa. Leave from there and rob or kill the king and get the key to that big door just outside Tillies Tavern. It leads to the outside realm of Arx. You won't get far, but it is a funny little hit.

Never have seen, heard of, or found any secret levels. You will find pixel holes that let you "walk" in black space outside the game. No real sense to that at all. Just one of those 'let's see who will bite and spend six hours looking' kind of stories. The sister vanish after that cut scene. Bummer, I would have liked to do a few battles with them after I finished the game as well. But no such luck. Hopefully you will find and resurrect the Arx II wish list now and add your thougths to it.. I know the devs come here and read this forum, so it will be noticed.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:29 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well done scrib. Any fancy tactics to brag about?

Don't know if you checked it out or not, but if you go back to the Rebels' camp after selling them out, you can see that the snake ladies have been there (strewn bodies and the like), but that's about it.

Are you inclined to play again? I think I might dig out my copy and have another go - it's been a while, but I've made a rather large upgrade since I last played, and I wouldn't mind seeing it running nice and smooth in a high res.
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:37 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Replay value was great for me. I tried doing things differently each time. There are endless ways to solve the game, and so many ways to spread out the points for your character.
Hardest was thief I thought. I may have put a few too many skills in that and not enough in fighting, but it made life very interesting.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:32 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had a lot of fun playing as a thief. It was my third play and I'd already convinced myself it would be nigh-impossible, so I was pleasantly surprised when I actually really enjoyed it. OK, I was playing as an assassin, not really a thief... but I put my faith in ranged combat rather than split points between that and melee. Combined with a ludicrously high stealth skill, I found it a lot more useful than I thought it'd be. This way was definitely the most fun when it came to fighting Akbaa, and I liked the way lock- and pocket-picking allowed me to really mess with the order of events. I suppose my greatest achievement was putting a fish in a ratman's pocket without him noticing.

I guess overall, though, fighter-mage *just* beat it in terms of fun - can't beat the feeling of setting a roomful of foes alight and then wading in with a blade - not to mention the bizarre rhythm-action mini-game I discovered with 4 city guards and a paralysing weapon!
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:57 am
Scrib
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yep. Had a save game prior to killing the ol 'tentacle for a right hand, and wierd things sticking out of my back' guy. Got into the spaces between walls black area, nothing there.
Killed the king and all just to get through that door by the tavern-- whoa! major trap there. I guess you hav eto open it with telekenesis. I'll definetely add my two-cents worth to the Arx II wish list. I can think of a few things- first and foremost would be to continue the adventure outside- that would also be the most obvious thing-
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:32 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Apparently the sequel will feature above-ground, outdoor environments, but it takes place before the sun was blotted out, so it won't be the freezing-cold Travellers' Guild survival you may have been hoping for. I was hoping for that kind of thing, but who knows, if the series is successful they may continue the timeline and eventually get back to the world as we know it from Arx1. I do think the prequel approach is a good idea if we get to witness the catastrophe taking place at some point.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:44 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by piln
Well done scrib. Any fancy tactics to brag about?

Don't know if you checked it out or not, but if you go back to the Rebels' camp after selling them out, you can see that the snake ladies have been there (strewn bodies and the like), but that's about it.

Are you inclined to play again? I think I might dig out my copy and have another go - it's been a while, but I've made a rather large upgrade since I last played, and I wouldn't mind seeing it running nice and smooth in a high res.

Yea, I ransacked the Rebel camp after the snake ladies slaughtered everyone.

Playing through the 2nd time was actually much more enjoyable. Love the magic system in this game. Forces you to actually memorize spells.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:43 pm