Usergroups
Talos Cult (Imperial Legion quest)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Charlie

Talos Cult (Imperial Legion quest)

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem with the Imperial Legion Quest in Gnisis about the Talos Cult. I found the proof of a conspiracy against the Emperor and gave it to Darius. I was then ordered to kill the 2 conspirators in the Barracks.

The problem is, when I enter back the building, EVERYONE attacks me. If I kill them in self-defense, I get expelled from the IL and have a bounty on my head. If I kill only the 2 conspirators (which is a PITA since I have to move past the crowd), I still get the same results (expelled and bounty). I ran to Darius hoping that he clears my name but got arrested by the Orc by Darius just before I had the chance to talk to him. And then Darius tells me I'm not worthy of the Legion anymore ! I still can join the IL again but that's ridiculous.

Now what is that ?! Is this a bug involved in this quest or am I doing something seriously wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

Charlie
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:47 pm

Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I also joined the Imperial Guard but I'm not on this quest jet, but you could trie do do stealth; sneak and give then a cridecal hit.

Gothic II Credits
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:57 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

THIS is a bug... it happened to me too. You should not have killed them. I don't remember what i did, i think i left the barracks and talked to Darius again, then i went back, everything was normal again.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:45 pm
theyneverknew

When i did this quest i didnt have any problems, took me a while though lol. Make sure that you took the note from the locked small chest in the cellar area on the altar and showed that the darius before you try to kill the two conspirators.

Hope this helps
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:14 pm

Charlie

Found a workaround

OK, so I followed your advice Rawis, and it works.

I left the Barracks, went back talking to Darius and back again to the Barracks. The other troopers won't attack me if I kill the 2 cultists.

I guess it's a good workaround for this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Thanks !

Charlie
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:02 pm

jvelite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey guys,

Sorry to bring this up again but I'm having trouble finding proof. I saw the guy downstairs through the storeroom w/ the small table, etc. I went back to the boss and he told me to get proof.

Where am I to get proof? I tried to talk to everyone again but I seemed to get nowhere.

Thanks,
- J
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:52 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

if i remember right:

the proof is a letter in the chest on the altar down the storeroom.
Post Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:17 am
Glorfindel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I also need some help with this quest. I found the note, 'showed' it to Darius and was told to provide the two miscreants with the Emperor's justice. The first time I did this I was attacked (after being attacked by the culprits first) by the rest of the Legionnaires, paid a large fine and ran back tio Darius - not the sharpest sword in the Legion clearly - who told me to go and kill the traitors, one of whom was already dead. So I used my Ring of Reload and tried again. This time the executions went cleanly, no interference, no arrests and Darius knew that they were now ex-legionnaires. However, when asked for new orders, we simply worked back through the Talos Cult quest. Any ideas how to get out of this loop?
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:50 am
Glorfindel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Nevermind; went back one more time and Darius recognized that the quest had been completed after running through the dialogue again.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:21 pm