Dragon eggs and lizard men for Mages?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
wysiwyg_ut
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragon eggs and lizard men for Mages?

I am playing a fire mage. At the start of Ch5 I talked to Lee and there was a dialog option telling him that the lizard people were distributing eggs. I didn't select that since I thought it might be a bug and I didn't want to screw up a quest in the future. I hadn't seen any lizard men in the new world. I tested that dialog option, and restored afterwards, but that didn't really tell me anything. I visited some caves and see no lizard men. Searching this board I found several references to lizard men and the dragon eggs but don't see them in my game anywhere.

Do the lizard men only show up with the dragon eggs if you aren't playing mage? I don't see any evidence of this after making the rounds of the caves.

Thanks for any help.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:38 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

They are in the Old World only, and you'll meet them at some other place in Chapter 6.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:44 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

You can encounter extra Lizardmen in the new world if you are a mercenary, but not as a mage. I always thought of that dialogue option as a bug... Besides, if you do not try it out, it simply vanishes, if I recall correctly.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:58 pm
wysiwyg_ut
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, that's what I figured.

quote:
Originally posted by HWFanatiC
You can encounter extra Lizardmen in the new world if you are a mercenary, but not as a mage.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:28 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

There's a group of lizardmen who show up in ch 4 or 5 no matter what guild you are a member of. At least I've run into them as both paladin and mage looking for more exp. They are down in Lester's vale. They have 1 dragon egg with them.

It's like the orc colonel that camps out at that bridge above the shadowbeast cave on the way from the tavern. They show up no matter what guild you with also.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:14 am
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You get this quest(dragon eggs) only if you are mercenary by talking to first dragon in valley of mines.After you collect your first egg you can talk to Lee and he will tell you to bring the eggs to Bennet.
If you are a paladin or mage you can find only two eggs.One in the dragon treasure(it doesn't counts in dragon eggs quest if you are a mercenary)and second in the cave where you first met Lester.Then you can report it to Lee for +200xp.
Paladin's can also get a quest Neoras dragon egg brew.When you bring him an egg you get +600xp and a choice of three rewards(3 elixirs of healing,magic ring of defense or part of a potion=+5 strength).
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:59 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Dragon eggs and lizard men for Mages?

I'm playing a mage too and have the same problem. I got two eggs, one from a cave guarded by lizards, but I forget which one. I think I got the other egg after killing a dragon. Talk to the alchemist in the cellar of the monastery about the eggs. Give him one. He will brew you a strength potion from it (that takes days). Then he says come back in a few weeks. But even though I have a second egg, I can't give it to him. The topic doesn't open up anymore. And I can't find any more eggs.

quote:
Originally posted by wysiwyg_ut
I am playing a fire mage. At the start of Ch5 I talked to Lee and there was a dialog option telling him that the lizard people were distributing eggs. I didn't select that since I thought it might be a bug and I didn't want to screw up a quest in the future. I hadn't seen any lizard men in the new world. I tested that dialog option, and restored afterwards, but that didn't really tell me anything. I visited some caves and see no lizard men. Searching this board I found several references to lizard men and the dragon eggs but don't see them in my game anywhere.

Do the lizard men only show up with the dragon eggs if you aren't playing mage? I don't see any evidence of this after making the rounds of the caves.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by SilkenKidden on Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:24 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You won't find any more til ch 6. No matter what guild you're in, you get that dialog option with Lee. Only the dragon hunter gets the quest to gather them all up. Also, you only get one potion from Neoras.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:27 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I am a dragon hunter: Should I search out all the eggs?
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:41 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Yes, there are 13 of them in Korinis. Have you played before? If not you might consider keeping them instead of giving them to Bennett.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:45 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I haven't played before...why would I keep them? I've collected a few and given to Bennet, but it is quite a task to visit all the caves, so i wondered if I have to collect every egg.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:43 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

To complete quest you must collect all the eggs. There's a potion you can make with them in ch 6. You need 10 eggs, a black pearl and a bit of sulfur for the potion.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:03 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

More importantly, you can have Bennet make you a better armor...
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:55 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Don't need the eggs for that. Just have to read the book. Kept the eggs once and still got the better armor.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:43 am
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Will benett tell me when I have all the eggs, and offer me better armor? I think I have given him most if not all the eggs and can't find anymore. I am going crazy looking for a possible last egg. What book should I read to avoid trudging all over the map?
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:14 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next