I can`t kill 4th dragon - help needed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I can`t kill 4th dragon - help needed

I`m in chapter four and I`ve killed 3 dragons (btw. they were too easy to kill). The only one left is snow dragon in former NewCamp area. But when I try, my weapons and magic have no effect on him (the same was in chapter two with all dragons - I understand that it was because of storyline). But game moved quest "Dragon Hunt" to completed and I have option "All dragons are dead" in my dialogs with Garrond and few others.
Still Sylvio nad Bullko are standing in the entrance to the New Camp and refuse to go inside. So for them dragon is still alive. I suspect that after killing dragon they will atack me anyway. I play Polish version.
In one of the topics someone mentioned that problem but without further explanation. Please if someone could tell me what to do. I dont want to lose 4000 - 6000 EXP. Maybe the only way is to load previous save and kill this dragon as third?
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:24 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

He's got higher protection than the others, and your weapon is simply not good enough to do any damage. What path have you taken? Mage, paladin or dragon hunter?
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:14 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

First - thanks for your help. I took paladins path. Sorry, but You are wrong. It`s not the matter of weapon. I had Paldins sword concecrated (not sure if this is right word) once. I loaded save from before killing the 3rd dragon (for me fire dragon) and first went to see frost dragon. I killed him without problem. What I noticed is that before (beeing last remained) he had only two dialog options. Now he had 3 options and third the same as fire dragon before. Now fire dragon (killed as last) had new 3rd line instead - about castle Ildorath (again not sure the name is right, anyway its one of Belials Temples where we go in last chapter). So I think, it`s a bug. At least in my Polish version 1.30.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:29 pm
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

Just to be sure: you reloaded The Eye of Innos and talked to the dragon?
Let me guess: there was no END option in this dragon dialog?

- nico
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:18 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I reloaded Eye of Innos before talking to the frost dragon when he was the last to kill. And if I remember correctly there was no END option in the dialogs, so You guess right. Dragon just went to the last threats all by himself.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:09 pm
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

Dragon remains invulnerable because of broken dialog

This is a quick translation from german (bear with me, coz I hadn't that much sleep last days)...

Bug

Under some circumstances (reason not known yet) a dragon-dialog might be unexpectedly terminated due to an missing END option.

The following things would happen on END:
- Innos Eye gets unloaded
- the dragon becomes vulnerable

Workaround

- Talk to the dragon
(The dragon should do nothing now (because you still wear the loaded Innos Eye). Don't attack him - he's invulnerable)

- Activate DevMode
(open the stat screen (B), type 'MARVIN', close the stat screen (B), open the console with F2)

- Make the dragon vulnerable
(focus the dragon and enter 'edit focus' in the console, in the new console enter 'flags = 0', close the console with F2)

- Run out of the dragon's fight/sight range

- Drop the loaded Innos Eye
(select the item in the inventory and drop it to the ground with the jump key (left ALT))

- Insert the unloaded Innos Eye and take it
(enter 'insert itmi_innoseye_discharged_mis' in the console and hit return - it's now in front of the player, grab it)

- Deactivate DevMode
(open stat screen (B), type '42', close stat screen (B) - be patient it takes a while)

- Happy dragon-slaying
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:44 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Wow I`m impressed Really. THANK YOU VERY MUCH NOBLE SIR.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:49 pm