Whats going on here?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Whats going on here?

Where have all the interesting post gone? Where are all the good discussions? This is my only sourse of entertainment while I'm at work and all of the good post/replys/IMHO's are dying off. Comon there has got to be something interesting happening out there in the many worlds of MMO's. Someone talk about something. Please or else I'll be forced to actually do work....
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:43 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

It happens once in a while. There's a general shortage of things to talk about maybe. No new MMO in sight, and a few recent ones to try out. And maybe that's a topic of discussion in and of itself:

MMORPGs get talked about a lot on the web. But here, having a generally temperate forum, we don't attract the many flaming trolls that other boards might have (anyone ever just browse through the Vault boards for fun? ). Some people post controversial messages out there just for the sake of trolling, and others catch on easily. It doesn't happen here, so I guess the shortage is a good thing, when you think about it!
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:14 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I have noticed that it is pretty quiet here as well...but I don't understand why completely...you mention lack of new games...but to my knowledge there are many new games coming out in the near future:

Horizons
EQ2
Final Fantasy
UXO
WoW

Just to name a few.....
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:56 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Is Final Fantasy a MMO?

I think another lack of "flamming trolls" might be due to Ammon, or I should say the lack of Ammon777. Last I heard he was working hard at exploting bugs in the Horizons beta

Oh well, guess I'll try this work thing they pay me to do.
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:03 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by hollaholla
I have noticed that it is pretty quiet here as well...but I don't understand why completely...you mention lack of new games...but to my knowledge there are many new games coming out in the near future:

Horizons
EQ2
Final Fantasy
UXO
WoW

Just to name a few.....

I meant "in sight" as in the coming days/weeks. These games are still months away from release. In fact, I'd be very surprised to see even just one of those you mentioned actually on the shelves before the end of the year. the most likely candidate to prove me wrong would be Horizons, but since they are still in early beta, I strongly doubt it. They still might push it out the door for the holiday season, like it was done with AC2 at the end of last year, but that could prove to be a bad mistake...

WoW?? hehe! It's probably still a year from release, don't tell me you believe you could actually play it this year, do you?
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:15 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by Ekim
quote:
Originally posted by hollaholla

Horizons
EQ2
Final Fantasy
UXO
WoW

Just to name a few.....

I meant "in sight" as in the coming days/weeks. These games are still months away from release. In fact, I'd be very surprised to see even just one of those you mentioned actually on the shelves before the end of the year. the most likely candidate to prove me wrong would be Horizons, but since they are still in early beta, I strongly doubt it. They still might push it out the door for the holiday season, like it was done with AC2 at the end of last year, but that could prove to be a bad mistake...

WoW?? hehe! It's probably still a year from release, don't tell me you believe you could actually play it this year, do you?

Yeah..the new Final Fantasy is coming out in an MMO format...and yes I know that WoW is not coming out for a while..BUT that doesn't mean that there still aren't articles and stuff that you can talk about with relation to the game...i feel like i see a LOT of stuff about WoW.

And I think that you are right about Horizons that its going to be the earliest one...the last thing that the company said was that they are on target for November launch..and they said that last week.
Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:01 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Last edited by Ammon777 on Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:14 am
Squirrelsquisher
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Not every MMO is designed for every gamer type. judging by the pattern of games you listed you play, obviously, you wouldn't be interested in Horizons. The types of games you listed are mostly "instant gratification" type games, and awe-inspiring graphics "eye candy" doesn't make the game. AC2 has lots of eye candy and it isn't exactly game of the year material to say the least. But without breaking NDA, Horizons is far from not having great graphics. Just my opinion, one in a billion.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:13 pm
Beliar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Location: Home,2 st up,Rasundavagen 19,Solna,stockholm,Sweden,europe,the world,the universe

yes now they ask same questions there is before and i think its irritating cant they jsut look if there was a previous thread?
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:46 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

You dont know what i like...
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:13 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Be cool, people.
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:26 pm