Lineage II Update (fyi)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Greymane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Lineage II Update (fyi)

All of the bonus CD owners were allowed access as of Friday the 27th.
Being one of them, I downloaded the 1GB zipped game.. (whew) and decompressed it, installed it and was in!
By Sunday night.. I had characters in all the 'realms' .. humans, elves, orcs, dark elves... oops, well no dwarf, so almost all the 'realms'.
Every realm had a LOT of players in it. Nothing scientific, but, judging from my years in UO, DAoC, the Realm, SWG, and others... I would not be surprised to hear that there were over 5000 online and playing!
There are a few 'glitches' and I got 'dropped' on a few occassions in really busy areas while dealing with my inventory.. but it was mostly lag free for me the whole time. There appears to be only one server available, so it was quite impressive in my humble opinion.
Anyway.. for what it's worth.. Lineage II looks very near to a very successful launch!
Peace!
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:26 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

There is only ONE reason why im not buying or trying Lineage2. Its the nudity. It looks like every woman character has no qualms about showing off her butt cheeks. And the breasts are always obviously bare. Not that im gay or anything. I like women a lot, they are beautiful. But i have moral standards that i TRY to follow, and Lineage2 crosses the line. Another game im not buying due to sexuality is Vampire Bloodlines. I wish developers would keep it clean. This makes me frustrated. Now i have to wait for Everquest 2.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:24 pm
Greymane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Not an argument for or against... but, my experience while playing the game shows that the very vast majority of the players are not paying any real attention to the near nudity.
Seems that as players move up and get into needing more armor they begin to cover up more and more too.
My opinion is this, it is a very violent game, with real human tempers and violent attitudes because of the constant PvP, that alone should be enough to keep it at 17+ at least.. but yes, some of the characters.. especially the dark elven women are barely clothed and obviously designed to be sexually attractive. This is a fact that parents should certainly be aware of before giving it to their children and shuttling them off to be alone to play it in another room.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:38 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I read a preview about it. One thing I think is wrong and I hate is the simplified character creation process. Give me the option of spend 30 mins making a character dont force me to "keep it simple"
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:38 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

ive changed my mind. i ordered it. im tired of the wait for a good MMO.

and i will just ignore all the naked dark elf women. heh. or slay them!

"put some clothes on and i wont kill you next time!"
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:14 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by Kiff
I read a preview about it. One thing I think is wrong and I hate is the simplified character creation process. Give me the option of spend 30 mins making a character dont force me to "keep it simple"

Same here. Deep character cusomization is a must have. Thats one of the reasons im looking forward to EQ2 so much. If it exceeds the customizations of SWG like its supposed to, i will be an extremely happy camper.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:26 am