Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Messing up 'da house...(possible spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Singularity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Messing up 'da house...(possible spoiler)

I've not yet joined one of the great houses (I'm intrigued at the prospect of joining the Sixth) but I have been issued with a Redoran House quest. I've just rescued "Delya Mandas" from Tel Fyr. She gave me a locket to give to her father but told me I must first speak to "Athyn Sarethi" as he will know where to find her father "Arithan Mandas".
I've located "Athyn Sarethi" (whom is a member of House Redoran) but the conversational dialogue doesn't allow me to ask him about his friend "Arithan Mandas".

Can quests such as this only be completed by a member of the appropriate house and if so, why have I been issued this quest?

P.s. I don't wish to know the location of "Arithan Mandas", I'm sure that I'll find him eventually. I'm rather more curious to know that when I do find him, will he also shrug me off because I'm not a member of Redoran House?
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:48 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

My experience? You just can't tell.

You sometimes get issued a quest when you do something that the quest required, but sometimes not. Sometimes you can't complete that quest, sometimes you can!

The usual one I hit is after releasing the slaves from a certain mine. "House Redoran: Shut the Mines Down" - I think all of my characters have obtained that one sooner or later. Never worked out whether it could be solved... Once I found the person responsible, but he just told me not to worry about it, I've got more important things to do. *shrug*
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:56 pm