Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
bugless game?:) hmmm..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

anyway, aside from a bug with one of the birds getting stuck on the tree in the harvest gathering mission, another bug i encountered just now
when i speak to whatever his name is, in the religious camp
he's the one who said that you should speak to him in front of guru about sleepers and religion
well, the problem is, i got that information off him when i called asked him to show me alchemy place, he led me there and there i asked him about a method to get guru's attention
he told me the way, but now he just stands there. i try speaking to him to no effect. i try attacking him, but his health stays the same and he doesn't respond. in other words, he is stuck in that one place, and there's no way to get him back to the main gate
btw, i was back at the main gate, and he is not there, in case some people may suggest that he might have doubled
in any case, it's not possible for me to join the religious camp because of this
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:20 am

MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

There are hundreds of bugs in the game, always make sure you save constantly. I had to restart my saved game over a hundred times because of people not responding or getting stuck in walls or even me not being able to move. It seems they didnt really do a good job in testing the game before shipment. But I guess its better having the game now then waiting another year for it to be bug ridden.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:34 am
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I hope the bugs will be fixed in a patch very soon!
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:38 am

i explored quite a bit of the map and... played quite a bit as well, and i only used 2 save slots
so, no... no reload for me:)
well, the good thing is, i wasn't interested in joining the religious camp either way, but this does mean lost experience points
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:17 am

100+ Bugs?

I've been playing Gothic for 20+ hours and have yet to encounter a single bug. But i do keep two save game slots just in case.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:47 am

Quemaqua
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Come on, guys. It isn't bugridden. Some things happen, sometimes, which probably aren't supposed to be, but keep in mind how complex this game is. All these entities, all in real time, all with their own routines... something's bound to mess up occasionally. To the game's credit, I've been playing it constantly for about 4 days (5 or so hours a day), and I haven't encountered any bugs. *Shrug*

We've all seen Jurassic Park, right? Unpredictability in complex systems? Shit happens. Almost none of it is that big a deal. And as a side note, if the guy didn't respond there are other people who can show you around. Explore, the place isn't too huge.

Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 4:03 am

all of the bugs that i mentioned are in fact graphic related
people/animals tend to get stuck in graphical glitches
and again, the bug i mentioned before... it screws up the quest and because of it i'm unable to join the sect camp... so it's not a minor bug by any means
the reason why i started this thread is... in another thread where people were asking whether to choose this game over morrowind, and people kept saying that choose this game because it's tested and bug free because it had gone through the road of bug fests and all of the bugs were fixed
the bugs i encountered are major...
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:12 am

Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don’t think I have ever played a bugless game. Some more than others. And I am sure that they will all get fixed in patches.

Sylvio
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:53 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I doubt there will be a patch because the Germans have had it for over 9 months now and they don't have a patch yet. We have the same version as them except it's converted to english.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2001-11-27 13:21, MC_Renzy wrote:
I doubt there will be a patch because the Germans have had it for over 9 months now and they don't have a patch yet. We have the same version as them except it's converted to english.

Wrong. There were two patches plus a fix for the Kyro cards.
Nevertheless a patch would be an excellent idea.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:12 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

So what your saying Gorath is your game has no bugs? Well why didnt they include the patch when they shipped out the english version? Its the same game except in english.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:17 pm

i believe that the english version is in fact patched
it has all of the patches from the german version installed
the problem is, those patches obviously do not fix all of the errors
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:16 pm

mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I havent Encountered any Bugs, well not really to speak of, just 2 times it crashed to desktop.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:28 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

There are a LOT of bugs in Gothic.

They're just not major.

Like disappearing NPCs.
Or wall clipping.
Or mysterious drownings.
I got blown up from walking over a rock.
An NPC walked over a canyon when I tried to push him over a ledge.
Psi guys always acknowledged me with "AWAKEN!" while I was a Mercenary.
I played Old Camp quests while I was a Psi.
When I became a Shadow, no one treated me like one. They treated me like no one.
NPCs keep jumping off cliffs, and dying.
Gorn kept shooting other Mercenaries when he was trying to shoot a Molrat.
Homer drowned in a lake.
etc...
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 4:33 am
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Those are the kind of bugs I was talking about Fetishfool. There has to be over a thousand of these kind of bugs in the game. Are games like these very hard to make bug free? What about Everquest? I never played it but its graphics and world looks just like Gothic. Does that game have hundreds of bugs as well? Maybe Piranha was just lazy to go about testing the game properly and fixing these mess ups or maybe Everquest is buggy as well and these types of games are are just to hard to clean up. Anyway, all I know is that this is the buggiest game I have ever played.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 5:46 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next