Usergroups
Playing Multiplayer Solo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Thomill

Playing Multiplayer Solo

Hey gang,

Thanks for the help on the other questions. From what was said, it looks like even if I replay the game going solo with a combat mage, I will still finish around mid-50s. As for finding secret areas, I think I did fairly well finding those by blasting barrels, walls, turing torches, stepping on pads, and clearing the fog in the entire game zone. Also, it looks like even if I tried replaying the game solo with a higher difficulty, that does not seem to matter as to where you finish either.

I think I will take my main Lvl 51 mage and try the multiplayer solo at first. My question is - I am out of town right now and cannot play for a few days - how do you "save" you progress in the quests and the like. I obtained the first stone, was rewarded with a ring, and then quit the game. When I returned, my quest journal was empty, but I still did have the ring and stone. Am I missing a way to store my progress or do the games have to run continuous?

Baring this, I cannot think of another way - barring cheating of course, which I will not do - to get to those higher levels and cast those neato spells!

Thanks.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:18 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not know how to play solo-multiplayer. Because - as you say - it really resets all quests everytime you quit it.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:21 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I have the same problem with the solo questing. I think you can pick up on quests at their endpoint without having to go back to the other town, but if not, you can use the Basilicus to travel where you need to for questing.

-v
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:28 pm
Arms Of Dirt
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Multi-Player maps can be played solo... especially since the quests don't really amount to much in terms of reward...

One of the best ways I've found to build a well rounded character is to just keep going back through the same areas of the game... extending your reach just a little farther each time... This will let you build your MP character fairly high... and will leave you better prepared (and without the need to chug so many red potions!) as you delve deeper into the gameworld... and face tougher monsters...

In my longest single gaming session with DS, my friend Mike and I played for over 17 hours straight... From early Tuesday evening, to early Wednesday afternoon... and we ended up just past the Subterranian River. Yet when we started over for the next gaming session the following week, we began in Glacern... so as to glean more experience (and more goodies) on the way through... This made the Ice Caves MUCH easier to traverse...

Arms Of Dirt
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:40 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

So do you begin each time on same point in multiplayer?
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:45 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

No, with the multiplayer you can choose different starting locations, but every time you start you have an empty quest journal.

-v
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:58 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

ohhhhhh

so if i play one night, and get a good ways in, i can come back later at the same spot but with no quests?
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:34 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Exactly-- you can start in the town you have made it to, plus one I think.

-v
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:47 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

ok...

ok so if i beat multiplayer, i can just start near the end all the time to get the best xp and the PHAT LEWTS?
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:54 pm