NOTR - some quick Q's!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
ZiGz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

NOTR - some quick Q's!

well then! i just read that all of the NOTR content should be completed by the end of chapter 2. I did not know this, and entered the valley of mines before going to the "lost land" or whatever that the water mages are trying to open the portal to. I did not get the ornament map that i just read i was supposed to get, so i assumed the quest would open later on and headed for the valley of mines.
I am a level 16 merc with medium merc armour, around 250hp and 70 str, 35% two handed.
I leave the valley of mines after having completed all teh chapter 2 quests there, and i meet the seeker waiting for me (expected since i have beaten G2 before), and the seeker totally kicks my ass! i can hack away at him non stop, but he casts 4 fireballs and i am dead, even with all my anti-fire equipped. I have the game saved before i exited the valley of mines and have been doing my best to kill everything i possibly have a chance against in order to get strong enough to beat the seeker when i leave, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the valley of mines who trains strength! i have some strength boosting items, but i really don't want to use them this early in strength level.

what would you guys suggest, sinking LP's into two handed skill? leaving the valley of mines, avoiding/running from all seekers until im strong enough in chapter 3? i'd do this, but i saw a dragon snapper drinking some water outside hte fence after i ran from the seeker, and dragon snappers kick my ASS right now and i don't want to get in over my head. would i have been strong enough to beat the seekers had i completed the NOTR quests beforehand?

also, when i pray to innos, i only get dex bonuses when i want strength bonuses. i read somewhere that merc's are supposed to get str . perhaps im getting dex only because i know pickpocketing and picking locks. is there any way to change this?

well that was a mouthful! any suggestions would be appreciated!
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:16 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

If you really can't open the door and flee the seeker waiting at exit of the mines :
- Have you try run not in his direction but from right to left until you are more near and then rush to try open the door and flee?
- Another solution perhaps faster than opening the door. From the left and right to the door there are woods you can run on them and climb above the door by doing that and then jump on the other side.
- But the best is perhaps that you get back to mines area to do some hunting and rise your level a little bit. Have you already help Diego to go through the pass? If not go back to him and do hunt with him for fast rising.
- Another solution is that there is an escape from the mines from the mountains by using jump climbing. But it's too complex to explain plus I'm not sure to remember exactly where start the right climbing. But I did it and it finished in a jump in the lake near the magician tower in the start area. So you can, just search by trying jump to climb and looking where it could work.

Once you will be back in chapter 1 area you should be able avoid all seekers by choosing sneak pathes easy to find and go in NOTR area. If you started chapter 2 you should not have a lot to do in chapter 1 area to be able to go in the NOTR area.

About pathes between chapter 1 area and mines, there's also an entrance by the mountains into the mine from the chapter 1 area. It's from the right of the door when you are in chapter 1 area and there's a run jump to do. But this path doesn't work to came back. This allow to go in mines area during chapter 1. I just did it, that doesn't trigger chapter 2 but well it's just for fun, not very usefull.

I think there are aslo an entrance in the mines from mountains near the magician tower in start area.
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:37 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok, going from the mines to chapter 1 area by jumping in the lake near Xardas tower is quite simple.

When you exit from the cave coming from mines area. To the left of this exit (don't pass the stone briidge, it's the right if you look the exit) you can climb the mountain just by walking, no jump to do.

So walk to the top of the mountain. Once at the top you will listen water a bit your the right. It's the cascade near the magician tower. It's to the right of the top of the mountain. Go to that direction, some trees don't allow you see easily what's bellow. But with with care eventually use the first person camera, place you at the top of the cascade then walk forward and you'll gently jump down into the lake.

About jump into water there are few quite imptessive to do.
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:00 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You can also load a previous savegame and go to the new world first. The addon world is a lot easier than the VoM which results in you being about ten levels higher when you start chapter 3.
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:51 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You can train strength on VoM in the castle.....just ask around

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:05 am
ZiGz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

alright thanks guys, i chose to run around the seeker then take off towards the dig site. i guess it is time to collect those ornaments once i get the map, then head to the new area.
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:30 am