Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
New guy to Gothic, help and advices needed!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

;)

I just bought Gothic yesterday, I was standing there in the store looking at Morrowwind ( for 100 zł - Local Currency ), Dungeon Siege for 120 and hey, there was Gothic for mere 15 zł. ( that's something like $ 4 US ).

All I can say WOW, what an amazing game. I only played it one day for few hours but it allready looks like it might become my second most fav. PC game after Fallout
Post Mon May 31, 2004 12:09 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I know what you mean, I bought gothic for only abouyt 10$, I was looking for a fun game but cheap, I was doubting between two. I am so glad that I chose for gothic instead of a nice cheap game I got the best game ever for cheap
Post Mon May 31, 2004 7:02 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

I remember when i played gothic1.Here are some advises.Go to the free mine .Talk to a scraper with the name senyan i think.He will give you free armor.Give the old mine's list from Diego to Lares in the New camp.Take Whistler's 100 ore that he gives you to buy him a sword in the old camp.Take the weed from the guy to the tavern in the new camp who is from the sect camp and sell it.That's it
Post Mon May 31, 2004 7:48 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Good luck playing gothic1
Post Mon May 31, 2004 7:50 pm
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

;)

I played it for one day so far and I allready have a Q.

I'am level 2 only right now and I can't beat any of the monsters except the overgrown chcickens on stereoids ( something-eaters ). Does that sound about right ? Beating the wolves seems pretty much impossible at this point.

The way your character learns how to fight better with time is genious

I read alot about this game and everyone seemed to think it is hard to figure out the controls, I don't understand why really. Pretty much everything can be done by the CTRL + Arrow Key or just an Arrow Key, the only other thing you really need to know is TAB for inventory. Seems pretty straight forward.

I strongly suggest that anyone new to the game turns the resolution up to 1024x768, the ecenery in this game can be really beautiful. This should not be a problem with almost any computer as todays machines are much better then the specs for the game.

The only two things that I'am missing is #1. Ability to assign expirience points by myself. #2. A "Mini Map" that indicates my location.

It's frustrating at the beginning when you can't really go anywhere ( or so it seems ) beyond the old camp. The forest is pretty much impossible due to creatures in it, orcs ( hey, well done graphix for orcs ! ) are just god-like to me right now.

Also, some people say that they are playing "magician" or "fighter" etc.. but.. well I don;t recall being given the choice, do I have to join a specific camp to become one or the other ?
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:25 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: ;)

If you want to go to the knew camp ask Modrag and if you want to go to the swamp camp ask someone from the baaals in the old camp.In the market you will find this baal and in the south gate you will find Modrag.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:37 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

you can't learn anything by yourself, you always have to find someone who can teach you. A mage? that is for later everybody start as a sort of fighter, well in Gothic 2 it's a bit different
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:37 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

@Cryptor69 You need to talk to everyone in the camp and do as many of the tasks that you can there to get some xp points. You can wander outside the camp on your own and kill off a few things for xp. But don't go too far. Save and explore.
If you run out of things in camp to do, let one of the guys from the old camp take you to one of the other camps. He will kill all the creatures along the way and you get the xp for it.
You will get a chance to pick a camp as the game goes on. Just keep your options open as long as you can. The game is clear in this area. You will know the what and whens. For now have fun and learn to fight. Even a novice mage needs to defend himself at first.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:40 pm
Mrs. Mud
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Welcome Gentle Traveler to the forum. A small word of advice though should be given to you: there are several people here on this forum who will try to lead you astray. Fear not though, for I will try to guide you through the more difficult stages of Gothic. First and foremost, find a good weapon. The best weapon to be found in the game is the infamous Nellik's Sword, you won't be able to get this massive weapon until later in Chapter 5 if I remember correctly; and there are several small tasks that you must do in advance or you will miss the chance compeletly. So, Gentle Traveler, be on alert during the game for any reference to Nellik or any of his fine pieces of armor or weapons. Good luck on your missions
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:52 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I would say that some exelent advice would be to ignore the above post.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:20 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

yeah forget that post, there is no sch things as the nellik sword or the nellik's armor
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:24 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

No nellik in this game.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:34 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

i will help you.

go to huno the smither in the old camp.and try to knock him down,he will knock you but you still hurt him,when you get up try to knock him until you do
then take his tools and make crude swords,then go and trade them for ore and BAH..you are rich,i collected 17000 by the time i was a shadow
Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2