View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Advent Children

Okay, time to bring this up again.
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Oh man, oh man, I am SO looking forward to this.
To people who have seen "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" and didn't like it: it's totally different. But you probably know this.
Coming soon - seems like it. It was delayed a few times, I know, but this time it looks like this will be it. By "soon" I mean September - that's what the new trailer says. U.S. - 13th September, Japan - 14th (First in the U.S. and then in Japan? A bit strange). Uh, so what was the release date in Europe?? The latest trailer is awesome. You can see it or download it (of course, being registered is required for downloading ) at Gamespot. But be warned - it's spoilerish. It has a lot of scenes that could be seen in the previous trailers but it also shows a lot of new. Damn these trailers - they keep releasing them and I do not have the will to not watch. But seriously, a few more trailers and I will know the whole story! They show too much! But since I have already seen it, I can watch it another twenty times (uh, the trailer that is). Just because I like it so much.

God, I really, really hope that it hits the cinemas. But can I have such hopes when it seems that AC is specifically for people who played Final Fantasy VII? On the other hand, there are millions of us so... maybe?

If it's delayed again, I am going to be sad.

Last edited by Krzychu on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue May 17, 2005 11:23 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I would love to see it on the big screen... but I think they'll hold to a straight-to-DVD release.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 18, 2005 12:26 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Well, I remember that someone from Square-Enix also said that they would love to see it on the big screen, although they didn't make any promises. Hm, the early version of AC (The 20+ minutes one, for the press) was played in cinemas. Does this mean anything? Probably not, but I still have hope.
Post Wed May 18, 2005 12:55 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I am glad this movie is on DVD instead of UMD(PSP media). When does it come out? Is it a full-length movie? Is it normal DVD price?
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:21 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

quote:
Originally posted by kengo2019
I am glad this movie is on DVD instead of UMD(PSP media).

It comes on both.

quote:
When does it come out?

09/13/2005

quote:
Is it a full-length movie?

Yes

quote:
Is it normal DVD price?

Yes.

Here is where you can get more info http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/news_6127420.html
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:48 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Armageddona

Here is where you can get more info http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/news_6127420.html

Thanks for the link!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:14 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

For anyone interested in an update, it's been delayed until this holiday season.
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:57 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Val
For anyone interested in an update, it's been delayed until this holiday season.

Last time I checked, the UMD version ships in September. The DVD version ships in November!
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:10 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Who in their right mind would want the UMD version?
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:24 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Does UMD stand for 'U mighty dumb'? I have not bought a movie for my PSP, and according to a recent poll I might be in the majority! What were the numbers - 2 million PSP's sold and 100,000 movies?

I really hate how IGN lists movies with games on the PSP release schedule ...

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:48 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Val

Someone who enjoys paying full-price and getting a half the resolution of DVD!

They have a UMD rental section at my video-store, so I guess someone is purchasing them!
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:08 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

It's out!!! Well, sort of - in Japan. (And some time ago that was...) Wow, to think they've finally finished it. *Tear in the eye* Something around seven years I have waited for this... well, of course seven years ago I didn't know that there would be a movie, but I certainly dreamed of some kind of a sequel. Seven years for Final Fantasy VII. And now what? I have to wait for a release in Europe, if there will be any, 'cause I didn't hear anything about it, or a release in the U.S. *Sigh* Being a fanatic has it's drawbacks.

Chances that it will be "normally" in cinemas are close to zero, unfortunately. Sure, there were/will be screenings at a few film festivals, but that is beyond my (and many others, I assume) reach...

Still, the sole fact that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is out is an extremely cheerful one. Hooray for FFVII!

//Insert here several pages of rambling on how excellent FF VII is.//
Post Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:43 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

My friend downloaded it (with english subtitles) from a fileshare program. I haven't seen it yet but I've seen a few clips (he's been playing it repeatedly so I see a few seconds each time I go over) and it looks incredible.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:20 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

I've seen a few clips myself (I had a link somewhere, could look for it if anyone's interested) and although those were very low-res, I'd still use the word "incredible" to desribe them.

Oh, I wish this was out for everybody already... until it is, I guess there's enough time to finish the game again (Though the pessimist in me suggests that it may never be released in Europe).
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:17 pm