View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

On 2002-03-05 03:48, Michael C wrote:
quote:
BG2 got topdown view: Much less immersive gameworld experience.

I see your point, but to me, I felt totally immersed. I love the first person of Gothic and Wiz8, being able to really see the environment, but I think the personalities talking in BG2 takes away some of that feeling that you're detached from the action. Also, the top-down view allows you to move your characters individually, rather than always as a party.
quote:
BG2 got Ad&D rules: Boring character development with almost no choises.

I totally agree. The development in Wiz8 reminds me of MUDs, where your character is wholly customizable.

quote:
BG2's story is much to twisting and long-drawn-out in my opinion, many people don't ever finish this game.

I've heard that from friends and you guys on the forum, but I disagree. I think I love that game because it is the sequel to a pretty good game, BG1 and finishes the story (with TOBaal added). I wanted to continue on to the end to see what happened to the child of bhaal.

quote:
The few magic spells dominate way to much the combat in BG2 (cast protection and cast remove protection) until one of the combetants can't keep up his/her shields, so the melee fighters can get their blows in!

It's definitely true that the spells tend to dominate, but there are also many melee aspects to the game. I love running in with berserker dwarven warriors while my spellcasters web as many beasties as possible, etc. I don't feel like the strategy is much different than Wiz8, except that in the latter you can't move characters to separate places.

I think if someone could combine the character building and beautiful graphics of Wiz8 with the immersive plot and NPC interaction/scripted events of Gothic, we'd have an insanely good game.
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:41 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Yep, the best of the best would be a dream of a game. But in reality I'm quite satisfied if just half of the RPG elements are very good in a CRPG like W8, BG1,BG2, Gothic, Wizard & Warriors, IcewindDale, Fallout 1+2 etc.
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:24 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I agree with Michael C. A lot of great RPG's have a great number of flaws, but are very playable nonetheless.
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:47 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes
and this is reason to say - this is very good game
and this is not reason to talk about that mistakes

Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:01 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2