Impossibly difficult.... or just me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Impossibly difficult.... or just me?

Well here I am, back again with another question.

I completed the first mission (transfer the computer parts), and I am now on the second mission, (Fetch Saya & the Scientists).

On the way back from the pickup, one sector away from my destination, I get attacked by 10 or more pirate ships. First time this happened I was destroyed very quickly. Second time it happened, I put the ship on auto-pilot, which seemed to make it take evasive manuevers. This allowed me to shoot back with the rear turret (although I couldnt kill anything), and eventualy a ship came to my aid and destroyed all but two of the Pirates.

Problem was, after fighting the other two ships for what seemed 15 minutes, I was destroyed yet again. I was concentrating my fire on one of the ships but no matter how much I shot him, it wouldnt blow up!

Isnt this just a little over the top for the second mission?

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get through this?

Thanks
Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:15 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You must have gotten involved with some "normal" pirates at the same time as the "quest" pirates. The only times I've gotten killed at that point is when I fought back. I'd recommend just doing some evasive piloting and leave the killing to that mystery ship. Unless you shoot them, the "normal" pirates you might see will be neutral to you (for now, at least).

To be honest, the fact that you survived 15 minutes of real combat in that ship says that you must be a better combat pilot than I.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:23 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I bought a honking big gun for the turret and set it to missile defense and handled the evasive manoevers myself and rammed a few pirates (hey, it ain't my ship and it had 50k shields). By the time the mystery ship showed up two pirates were all that were LEFT for it to shoot.

Mind you, I knew I was going to sell the gun and strip the transport ahead of time.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:21 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I set the turret gun to fire automatically while I ran and evaded as best I could. By the time it was over, I'd risen to Rookie. Then I went and stripped the ship!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:57 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I read that little tip about stripping the ship before giving it back, but I just couldnt do it. It felt far too much like cheating to me.

No offence but I would rather earn the rewards the proper way, instead of using exploits.

P.S. I couldnt work out how to get the turret to shoot automatically. How do you do that?
Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:20 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Cheating? Nah. Dishonest? Yup.

There's benefits to being honest, though... the better the condition of the TP when you return it the better the condition of the transport. I got it at 85% hull the first time through. It's just a slightly slower start (you can make 400 k in the mercury in a few hours of hard trading).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:38 pm