Ghostgate Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Ghostgate Questions

How do i enter Ghostgate? First of all, its sorrounded by mountains, and this strange barriers... how do i enter?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 9:41 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Please, this is important, i need to get to Ghostgate... can anyone help?

I need to cross the barrier, don't I? But how?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 10:23 pm
AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

First, go to the Ghostgate itself: it sits on the southern edge of the large circle of walls, at the head of a ravine that stretches to the south and west past Balmora and the Moonmoth Fort. You can enter this ravine easiest by going to the Moonmoth Fort, following the path to the south of the fort, then turning north and slightly east into the ravine. You'll have to fight your way up the valley, but eventually you'll get there.

Second, when you get to the gate, the only way in is through the central arch of the gate. You'll see a small pylon in front of that gate. If you face the gate with the pylon in front of you, you can highlight a button which you can press to open the first gate. Another pylon exists under the arch which opens the second gate. A third pylon exists just within the walls that will allow you to come back out again.

Just for the heck of it, you should explore the buildings and temple in the gate itself (either door to the right or left of the central arch). Lots of interesting, weird and scary looking NPC's, and a lot of loot. A thieve's heaven, and surely the focus of quests I've yet to play.

Hope this helps,

Alex

PS-Another way to get in the Ghostgate would be to get a good levitate spell and fly over the gate. Works for me as well.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 11:15 pm
timmothy1967
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

fyi, just for kicks i went exploring and ran into ghost fence. So i used fortify acorbatics for 7 seconds. Took awhile to jump over and not die.
not the best way of course, but it was fun trying

I bought the collectors edition which came with a map, very helpful.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:49 pm
KPeh[Not Logged in[

You could just levitate over.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 7:42 pm

Racer plumes plus those nasty thorns = so many Levitate potions I can't even sell them, people run out of money. An excellent use of Alchemy: Ghostfence hopping.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 9:50 pm