Usergroups
Urg - Quest Problem - Help!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Maalen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK, so I like to explore, whoops, bad mistake it appears. So in chapter 2, long before I was told to go looking for the focus stones I went to the old monastary, turned into a bloodfly, got inside, opened the gate, cleaned the place out and went on with the game. Everything was cool right?

Bah, so it seemed. Until I get into chapter 3 and am told to go find the focus stones. So I wander to the monastary again and to my surprise the mercenary from the New Camp is out front and says something like, "Hey, there are a ton of snappers around, lets go into the old monastary together mkay...".

Now I think to myself, hehe, boy will he be surprised when we cross this little log because I already wiped out all the snappers.

But the joke was on me because before we take a single step he says something like, "Wow, nice spell you opened the gate. Cool."

Then we get up to the monastary and all of a sudden he stops at the gate and says, "Oh, man, this gate blows, no one has ever opened it only those meat bugs over there (which are dead at the time BTW) can get inside."

Then the dumbass stops in front of an OPEN gate and won't do anything else.

So I am perplexed, I try all sorts of things. I turn into a meat bug and crawl under the wall and try to talk to him, twist the winch to lower the gate and reopen it but again the joke is on me, the gate won't close anymore, I try to kill him but he seems quite invunerable, then I use fist of wind to knock his ass into the fort so maybe that will wake him up to the fact that the gate is open, but nope. Finally I turn into a bloodfly and lure him down to the door (only place I cannot go) and turn back to myself, no dice, he just turns around and lumbers off.

Finally I checked my quest log and realize that the order of things is all screwed up, it is listed something like this...

1. Get the focus stone from the monastary.
2. There are lots of snappers, we will go together.
3. I opened the gate with a spell I got from a supply cave (which BTW is not the case, I bought the spell).
4. The gate is open
5. The gate is closed, how ever can we get through.

Any ideas?

Ugg.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:07 am
KueDAWG
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Can't Really offer any help, However I'd Like to express what U are probably feeling rite now.

"SUCK!"

Am I right?
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:36 am
Maalen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yah, SUCK is about it... but I did find the little cave my journal references and am going to go and check it out... maybe it will help. I would know already but as I was entering the game caused my computer to spontaneously reboot. Hah! Second time it has done that, glad I save regular like. =)
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 4:49 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

If you have the focus stone you do not need to go in.
I would say don't worry about , go get the next one.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:50 am
Maalen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yah, I figured that out after I visited the little cave and found the key. Got the focus and then proceeded to snag the rest in about 30 minutes. As it turns out in my wanderings I had already visited and cleared all the areas where the focus stones were located with the exception of the little cave full of undead.

Interestingly enough the troll respawned and I had to kill him again. It was quite easy though since the thing never attacked me and only attacked Diago...

Thanks for the help everyone...
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:31 am