That's it???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

That's it???

I can't believe it, the epic main quest wasn't sooo epic at all, in fact it was quite disappointing, it wasn't hard, it wasn't tough, closing oblivion gates was a breeze, and the so called hier was annoying,
Spoiler:
heck I was glad when he died

and besides I hated the fact the hero never talked, and also the fact that only 2 women did the women voices for all the NPC, seriously after a while it really got on my nerves, you think if you have a game like that and you invest so much time and effort you'll hire more voice actors...
anyway I had more fun doing the mage guilds quest then the main quest...
sorry for the rant I just had to vent

Last edited by cptmaxon on Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:19 pm
Foss
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I agree somewhat.

I think each of the 4 faction questlines were better than the main quest.

I didn't like closing Oblivion gates either so that didn't help much in the main questline .

But, I think the factions' questlines were ok. Fighter, DB and thief faction were good.
The mage one was ok, but not as good as the other 3 IMO.
Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:11 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: That it???

quote:
Originally posted by cptmaxon

and besides I hated the fact the hero never talked, and also the fact that only 2 women did the women voices for all the NPC,

Actually I think I heard 3 women doing voices.

- One for the Nords & Orc Women - By Linda Carter I think
- One for all the Imperial & Breton women
- One lady did all the Elf women (dark & high elves). ---> I loved her voice, BTW.
Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:36 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

alright so 3 women voices, is that better?, still means I got to hear the same voice over and over again, after I finished the main quest I became the high elf women assasin, killing them everywhere so I wouldn't have to hear that voice again..., sadly there's no end to them...
ohh well

Foss, I like the dark brotherhood quests,
Spoiler:
I mean there was some time where I debated whetever to kill the ppl in the sanctury or lucios, espically when that khajit started being nice just before I killed it
"I think I misjudged you let's start a clean slate arggggg"(dies from the apple)

anyway I consider it money well spent, it just that it could have been better, it had the potentail to be better.
Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:36 pm
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I have to agree with the complaint about there being so few voice actors. I think they all do I good job but sheesh, there really needed to be a few more. I especially miss the voice for Bosmer female in Morrowind. She sounded so cute, just right for the petite, nimble, and nubile little elves.

I imagine the voice-over departement blew it's budget on Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean. I wouldn't have cared if they hadn't bothered with those two and got about a dozen other actors instead.
Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:09 am
HoLoPo1nT
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yah, I agree with the voice acting assessment.

What they should have done was hired a top-notch voice acting coach and a ton of unknown voice acting talent, paid everyone handsomely but a lot less than the big names they employed, and then let them all work for their money.

Now, I'm not saying that the folks they did hire to do the voices didn't work for their money...I mean there are A TON of voiced lines in TES:Ob but using heretofore unheard of voice actors would have really made the game different and more immersive.

I don't know about anyone else but when I first heard Patrick Stewarts voice as Uriel Septim I immediately thought of Star Trek:The Next Generation and I don't really want to be thinking about Star Trek when playing a TES title.

I got over it but still...

HoLo
Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:43 am