Strength - 13
Dexterity - 18
Constitution - 12
Intelligence - 10
Wisdom - 10
Charisma - 10

1) Beside short short & dagger, what other weapons i could use for
two-weapons fighting?
2) Beside Dexterity, what else is also important?
3) Suggestions & comments
------------------------------------------------------

Skills:
Concentration - 1
Disable trap - 7
Discipline - 4
Heal - 6
Hide - 9
Listen - 1
Lore - 0
Move Silently - 8
Open Lock - 11
Parry - 14 (bonuses from various items)
Persuade - 5
Search - 6
Set trap - 8
Spot - 1
Taunt - 0

1)Which skills should be given priority?
2)I think i spread my skills points too wide and should focus on few
selected skills instead, what do you think?.
3) Other Suggestions & comments.
------------------------------------------------------------

Feats:
Armor proficiency (light)
Weapon proficiency (Rogue)
Sneak attack (+2d6)
Immunity to sleep
Hardiness vs. Enchantments
Partial skill Affinity (listen)
Partial skill Affinity (search)
Partial skill Affinity (Spot)
Low-Light vision
Ambidexterity
Evasion
Uncanny Dodge
Two weapon fighting

1) What other useful feats i should add or gives priority ?
2) Other suggestions & comments
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 4:47 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Weapon finesse will be quite important for you. It will allow you to make attack rolls with dexterity (that you have quite high) instead of strength (assuming using light weapons, so forget about doubleswords etc.). Also all feats that improve your fighting with two weapons.

In singleplayer I wouldn't care for parry skill at all. Maybe it is useful in multiplayer (never tried yet), but for single there's just no need for it. Check official boards (search for parry) - there is/was a lot of discussion about it.
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:51 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Consider weapon finesse and a second shortsword. It does a little more damage than a dagger.

If you want to increase some fighting power, consider a level of fighter or two. Your theiving skills won't suffer much, and being a half-elf you don't get experience penalties when you combine ANY two classes of any difference of level (just be careful if you go for three).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:49 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

I think better add a couple of ranger level. He is more alike rouge. He needs dexterity a lot, and half-elf is a good choise for ranger. He also uses two weapons, and he gets improved weapon fighting at level 5,9( I think; check with the manual).
Multiclassing a rouge with fighter is not a good solution, couse fighter relies greatly on consitution(and heavy armors, but they are not recommended for rouges).

For rouge(and for a ranger, also) important stats are: dexterity, strenght and constitution(in this order). But don't overdo with dex. Some blows cannot be escaped, so you will need to raise constitution a bit. Also, most medium armors have a dex bonus up to 4, which equivalent 18 dex, so don't go over that. Use some bracers if you need more dex.

Notice: Rangers aren't just good at ranged fighting. They are strong fighters in melee, too. I think you will have better use of rogue/ranger(maybe better the other way around, but still...) class then any other multiclass char.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:27 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

I would try rouge/ranger then.

Until now i always use melee combat, do you think range attack is better suited for rouge/ranger?

Rouge also can use magic items (like wands), do you think it's worthwhile to spend some points in this area?
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:32 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Absolutely. it's one of the most powerful abilities about the class. A rogue with enought wands or staves is close to being a decent wizard in his own right. It's a great skill.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:37 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Remus
Until now i always use melee combat, do you think range attack is better suited for rouge/ranger?

Well, anybody can use ranged weapons, but only chars with great dex can use it right(and precise). Ranged weapons can be used in melee, too, but their effectivness vary. Some foes have a great ac due to great dodge modifier, so you might try using bow in melee(you won't miss as much that way). Notice that you cannot block attacks while handling a bow/crossbow but you can still dodge them!
My recommendation: use bow until foe gets near and then switch to two short swords.

quote:
Originally posted by Remus
Rouge also can use magic items (like wands), do you think it's worthwhile to spend some points in this area?

I wouldn't know about this. As for me, I haven't come across any incredibly useful magic wand... But then again, I was never keen on using them.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:42 pm
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Definitely go with weapon finesse. I think it is a better plan to go with fighter than ranger. You can already do most of what rangers can do anyway with a rougue. A few levels of fighter will give you more hitpoints and the ability to use shield and wear heavier armor. In addition your attack is increased. You can switch back to lighter armor, to do rougue like things. Make sure to set up your quick slots with all your various weapon choices. SSword & Ssword/ Range weapon/ SSword and Shield. Also place your armors in quick slots for quick changes. Make sure to focus your weapons. Here is more justification for this approach: In a multiplayer game if you get off your sneak attack against a powerful monster, it will focus on you. Many a lightly armored rougue has been
quickly dropped by being turned on in such a situation. While the ranger/rogue
combo has some value, I feel it is less flexible, and more redundant than the rougue/fighter.
Post Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:55 am
Rosacrux
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Currently I am building up a Ranger/Rogue (right now Ranger lvl 4/Rogue lvl 2) and it surely is the best combo I've tried so far. Most fighter-oriented classes are pretty boring, but this one is a charm.

Very aguile, very potent for making it to "big things", if I pump up some of the stats in a decent way.

And I go with ranged weapons, for the greatest part of it. I just have to team up with a tank, but that doesn't bother me that much.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:50 am