Usergroups
Column
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
TBlazer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In the northern ruins, (where Gorn helps you), I have gone to fight the Troll for the Ulu-Mulu thing. The troll is atop the platform with a treasure chest, and the only way for me to get there seems to be by knocking over a column. How do I do that? I've tried everything from whacking it with my weapon to jumping head first into it...
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 2:59 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

The only ways I've found to get across are to jump across the narrow part (you must have acrobatics), or turn into a bloodfly or meatbug and worm your way up the side of the mountain.

You can push the column over, but not over the pit, it'll only fall the other way. I haven't found a way to move the fallen column yet.

If this is too much trouble get across the other troll you may kill is where you got the Mountain Troll Focus (with Diego). That troll is back for the Ulu Mulu part of the game as well.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 4:11 am
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

This is the reason why you should invest 10 highly sought skill points in acrobatics! That marvelous skill: the artful dive, the precise tuck, the controlled roll, the spring to a perfect standing position, the growl and thump as the troll sends you off the cliff. hehe.... That's what happened to me. I found, though, that was the only way to get across. I don't know if speed potions would be enough without acrobatics. But why not invest in acrobatics? If you don't find a place to use them, at least, you can win the gymnastics competition against the guards.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 4:32 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

I think those potheads abandoned using the environment as a tool.

Thats one strong column.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 6:27 am