View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Wow.
Difficult? The last boss was simple. Geesh. He was easy. I just sent my 2 fighters after him and they killed him. My cleric/ranger and cleric just healed and my two wizards didn't do anything. I didn't reload once. I didn't cheat either. What did he do that was so difficult for you? He was so easy for me. That's strange...

Well, there is a random bug that will make him invincible once you get him to the point of death. He'll just keep teleporting and using that skill, but no matter how much damage you do he'll stay alive. That will make him slightly difficult.

He, along with the rest of the game, is incredibly hard if you don't powergame as well. There are many factors that make IWD difficult.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:41 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Stonekeep:
i finished this one, but in my opinion this game after a cool start gets worse and worse 'til the end. The last levels are a bit difficult, but not impressive. it seems the developers had no time and/or money in the end.

Ultima 4+5:
these 2 are a real challenge - u are always dying or poisoned or out of gold or in the middle of nowhere

Battlespire - Elder Scrolls Adventure:
(-> Daggerfall System with better graphics)
u have to create a charakter which absorbs (!) magic energy from attacks, so that u have enough energy to heal your wounds all the time. With any other type of charakter u are doomed.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:00 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

heheh, Im glad a couple of NES title came up, cause to me those were some of the hardest damn games ever:
FFI and Dragon Warrior: OMG, almost failed college trying to finish these damn games, would search and search and search...ended up fliging both of them out the sunroof at the end of the semester.
Zelda: How my friends knew where to place those bombs never ceased to amaze me. No secret niche, or crack or off-shading, he just 'knew'...WTF????
Ultima IV- I got to the codex, 800 of each reagent, 99 of each spell...full battle ready. I must have wandered that 8th level for weeks. Thats one summer in my life I'll never get back.
That was the game to ever stump me. After a while you start to sense the pattern of RPGs and sooner or later, they all fall into that groove
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:58 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I found both Ultima Underworlds a little on the tough side. But, then it's hard to get into a game when you have limited computer (game) time. I play for about 45 minutes a day, so I usually forget what I did the day before (the older I get the less I remember....what am I doing in this thread anyway? I forgot..
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:09 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

All those FF RPGs you listed are only difficult because those 8-bit games pound your brain with boredom and depression during the frequency of random battles AND the long mind numbing art of level building.
and

I always hate random battles in the OCEAN!! Always! Those annoying kraken flunkies still haunt my sleep.

But the hardest RPG has to be the OLD sk00l 3D maze types. I think youve all named enough.
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:03 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I didn't finish Daggerfall because of a stupid bug which didn't let something critically important happen after I had played the game for 7 whole months, mind you! I read through every walkthrough I could find after the story somehow didn't go on for about a realtime month... and whatall the sources said should happen just didn't.
Call taht bad luck.

I never finished Dungeon Master 2 because it was too hard for me. I was too stupid to figure out the magic system. It was the last RPG I played where you had to manage a party (if you discount Jagged Alliance 2 ).

Post Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:42 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Wizardry, Crusaders of the Dark Savant, that game was brutal even at the easiest setting....
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:00 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Wizardry 7 is hard to play, i replayed Wizardry 6 und 7 last month (want a cool party for and i can say this game is a lot easier if you play a imported party from Bane. I could transfer the Muramasa Blade / Blade Cuisinhard / Ring of Diamonds / Ring of Stars / Enchanted Robes / Rods of Sprites and these items help a lot.

I could finish on normal setting with a level 14 - 17 party. I could beat all gorrors.
When i played Dark Savant the first time with a party from scratch i was around level 30-35 and i could not beat the Beast of 1000 Eyes on the easy setting.
i had the wrong party for this super monster.

Hx
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:17 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

means eight !
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:21 am
Shadowcore
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There were two games, which I didn't find hard, but just never finished:
Icewind Dale, damn this game is boring, after the first dungeons, you get really bored, it's all the same, beat some guys, kill the dungeon boss, talk to someone, next dungeon. BORING. The only different dungeon was the elven tower thingy, but that one was so annoying, with all of the walking and stuff, that I gave up on the game, it just wasn't fun anymore. Ofcourse about a week later I continued, almost beat the game and thought it was still boring. I never play it again and don't think I will.

Fallout Tactics: I bought because I thought "finally, another Fallout game", but it's dissapointing, I never finished it, but I think I will, someday.

Anybody reading this sig is officially proving my sig to be wrong.
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 10:55 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Tactics wasn't an RPG. It was a turn based strategy game.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:29 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

Evil Islands was the hardest I ever played that I can recall. Even on the easiest difficulty setting, it was frustratingly difficult at times. But luckily there was a fan made balance patch made available which made the game easier and less frustrating. I still enjoyed it quite a bit.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:03 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Ultima 5 was the first RPG I ever played and it was the hardest. I hated running out of food, then going to town and finding out inflation had raised the prices to a ridiculous level. At that point I just stole crops from farmers. But all in all I still loved that game and played it religiously for months. My characters must have been in the game-world for 10 years. I never did get to finish it though, because my brother lost the floppy disk that the Underworld was on. Maybe I'll get that Ultima collection and finish it one of these days.
Post Sun Feb 24, 2002 12:33 am
vertic
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Darkstone nah not really.... Darkstone must be the easiest one then!

Post Sun Feb 24, 2002 3:51 pm
Nik
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Duno. Wizaedry 8 seems quite hard but i think it's cheating: the strength of your enemies is proportional to that of your party! I restarted the game and, at the same difficulty level i had to fight much stronger monsters and in greater numbers.
Post Sun Feb 24, 2002 5:29 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next