Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Tips from a English Version player ***spoilers***
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

starting out dont fight anything -run to town and explore - you are a total wimp except for meatbug killing

talk to everyone and get some quests and do the ones that are in town for exp

Tricks
Put all point into STR after getting lockpick 1 and 50-60 lockpicks. Go into combat mode and run into the castle and ore baron house. open the chest in cook room and put all your ore in it. Go across the hall and pick up the swords as fast as you can - the guard wont kill you and wont take anything since your ore is in the chest =)

Pick every lock in these rooms and in the tower and upstairs - save, figure out the combination, load save and dont use any lockpicks

this will take a while - 3-4 hours at least but gets you good gear and $$$

Start doing all 3 town quests in whatever order you want. DO NOT join any camp until you have finished every quest for max exp/gain.

Trading - you can combat the vendor and take all his stuff - most of them are wussies once you hit level 5+

Getting great weapons
Once you have done all this go to the new camp and gank a few rogues and take their weapon.

Then combat run into the magic area and kill the mercenary at the bottom for his mace type weapon (very hard many reloads)

Go kill Lares for his axe

Kill everyone that has axe weapons up to Lee

(you have been putting points into str right? this will enable you plus better to weapons to kill harder NPCs)

Go back to Old Camp with Lares axe and clean out everyone in the ore baron area...I believe Scars Swords (80 str) is the best one hander Ive got...Lee Axe (100 str?) is the best 2h I got.

Sect Camp the magic vendor is good kill for loot - but I havent found anything specific here worth having.

There are a few NPCs that arent killable - but at least 95% are.

When you pick a camp and start on the main quest you have a MAJOR weapon to kick butt with - also have unlimited cash to play with.

Plus its fun to do all this too =)

Don't ACTUALLY kill anyone as this makes the camp mad.

The command for taking 10 items at a tiem is ctrl-pg up - hold this down to loot everyone.

If you kill em quick and put your weapons up most of the time no one will care.

One of the fire mages has a great ring too...I picked up a great necklace in the tower picking locks - dont remember which tho.

Armor is ONLY gotten by camp upgrades - ie join the guards and get their armor and upgrades...I have yet to seen any lootable...but there might be late in the game..

Personal note
I joined the old camp mages - seems ok my combat so badly surpasses magic output its only a trick for me right now...althought the high mage robes are some nice armor.

Im level 19 fire mage in chapter 3 with 108 str and growing magic skills.

I use ctrl up ctrl right combo for melee - I wish I could figure out the combat system a little more.

PS I know some German site or board has this all listed out - but believe it or not there are a few copies being bought in the USA and our German sucks.

Enjoy - no flames if you don't like these tips, Im posting em so others know...in English =)

Twilight
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:45 pm

Great tips! Thanks for posting.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:02 am